Keith

Theresa Lawson started out only as a part-time model, but the progress in her life went so fast; she turned out to be a spokesperson and representative for a beauty product, and now she was striving to become the co-owner of the brand in a span of only three and a half years. Keith adored his aunt's independence, though—in fact, her self-determination was the trait that had attracted Wren long before the two developed a mate bond.

Two years before, Keith had been in her house in DC—he had called it a Mini Mansion back then. Revisiting it now, he was surprised to have the same amazement he had back then once he stepped into the luxurious place.

The interior of the house didn't change much to what Keith had in his memory. The main hall was stretched open to a vast space; the paneling of the walls came in velvet black-and-white patterns. Ahead of where he stood, there was a TV hall separated in an area situated inside a glass-like room. Checkered pattern styled the floor in the main hall, looking like an optical illusion image.

"Are you okay?" Tessa asked out of the blue.

"Oh . . . yeah, of course," Keith replied. "I'm just . . . surprised. Not much has changed since I last came here."

Keith had to admit, Tessa was sort of super-rich. She barely lived here, anyway—her days were mostly spent for business trips all over the world. Tessa was good at being a solitary werewolf—one who was not bound to any wolf pack—since her whole life was ultimately human-like. Keith spotted no traces of immortality from her at all. Sometimes, he envied her.

"Well," Tessa murmured, "there aren't many changes needed for this place, I think. Now, let's get these bags into your room."

They walked up the huge staircase that spiraled up to the second floor of the building; Keith couldn't help his astonishment as his eyes went to all over the interior design of the place. The sunlight entering from outside the glass windows surrounding the house gave every angle in the place a stunning glow.

"I redecorated your room a bit . . . I bet you want DC to feel like your old home . . ." Tessa muttered, and when Keith entered the room, her words started to make sense.

Last time he came here, there had been floral wallpapers covering the walls in this room, but now they were all stripped and painted blue. Framed posters of his favorite movies and TV shows—some included Cher, Star Wars, Glee, and The Breakfast Club—ornamented one side of the room, with a tall vintage bookshelf to its right, filled with his own collection of novels and comic books. A single loveseat and a standing lamp were placed on a corner near the bed. This bedroom didn't look exactly like his old one, but it came close.

"These are my old stuffs . . . how did you get them here?" Keith asked.

"I took some of them earlier, remember?" Tessa said. "I had your study table, books and bookshelf . . . things that I figured you'd miss the most once you moved out of LA. Then I bought a few new things, trying to duplicate your old bedroom as much as I can here. This is the best I can do, sweetheart."

"Tessa ... you don't have to do this, really," Keith blurted out, his voice shaking as if he was about to cry. "They're amazing . . . more than amazing, but you know I won't be staying here for long."

"Darling, you are always welcomed to stay here, anytime you want. This room is for you, just in case the ambience in the pack gets too . . . overwhelming, for you."

Keith gulped, remembering how he needed to adapt to new surroundings once he moved in with his step-family later. He let out a sigh.

"Don't worry," said Tessa, as if she could read Keith's expression. Was it too obvious on his face? He found himself sitting on the bed—the flight had clearly worn him out. He needed some rest.