Nathan

Nathan and his sisters were an hour late to the party—he had to wait for his sisters to dress up, changing between one dress to another. Therefore, they sort of missed the pack-pledge, and they still have yet to recognize their future step-family.

Step-family, is that even right?

His mood sensors were acting up weirdly ever since he was at the Main House. He felt hotness rising in and out of his body, and every once in a while, he found himself losing control in shape-shifting.

He knew he was happy reuniting with his sisters. Zooey couldn't let go of him—they had been very close before the girls traveled abroad for college. Both she and Clarissa managed to attend the ceremony since apparently now was their study week. They'd catch a flight to London in a week to finish their finals and returned home again for their semester break and the wedding.

Nathan closed his eyes and brought his hand to massage his head—when he opened them again colors started to fade from his vision.

Then he saw it—half a body hidden behind a column among the crowd, the pair of eyes was too familiar, too beautiful for him to forget. Nathan noticed Keith running aimlessly through his monochromatic eyesight ... he breathed in and attempted to grasp control over his sanity again. He blinked, and his eyesight normalized ... thank God.

Zooey, her hands still wrapped around Nathan's neck, muttered as they both moved vainly in a tune of some random pop song, "Nate, are you okay?"

"Didn't really feel so good ... must be the food." Nathan stopped trying to dance, and when he came to look into his sister's eyes again, he saw a worried look.

"Uh, you should find somewhere to rest or something," Zooey said. "Kinda noticed that you're sort of ... out of it."

"Yeah, maybe I should." Nathan eyed around the room packed with people again, and he couldn't spot Keith.

Zooey let him go, and grabbed a glass of orange juice from the mini bar near them, taking a sip. "I want to see some old buddies here ... you go save yourself, brother."

Nathan kissed her sister on the cheek before he took a quick move to locate Keith in the room. There were too many people conquering the huge hallway it seemed almost impossible to find his mate here. He wasn't surprised to Keith's presence in the ceremony; after all, Nathan knew that he and Jordan were good friends. But he was sure Keith didn't know that he lived in this pack; had Keith noticed him here?

Their last encounter made Nathan feel like shit. He'd stay up in his lonely nights thinking how impossible it seemed to ignore the mate bond developing inside him for Keith. The more he tried to suppress the feelings down, the more the desire to see Keith came storming inside his head.

He navigated Dan's house vigilantly, searching for every room, restrooms and every corner; this place was his playground as a child, so he knew every part of the Main House well. Nothing ... yet.

Sometimes he wanted to disbelieve what his mother had been theorizing, that he was a psychic. But through readings and researches he knew for a fact that he was one. What happened to Ravelle explained everything—there was circle of magicians that were still active in present to enslave people like him; they called them the mind-readers, to be exact.

The term was legitimate, though. After encountering Keith, Nathan found himself able to control the mood exuded from the people surrounding him—he felt like a vessel with a lid now, having the capability to let the mood shift in and out of his head. Most importantly, as he recently discovered, he could hear words in faint noises in his head whenever he touched someone.

The magicians couldn't detect him now; Nathan found out that no matter what he was, he was still a fledgling, cracks and holes remained around his ability. The magicians specifically detect the psychics' bloom and whereabouts and through divinations—a magic system of making prophetic predictions about the future—and Nathan knew he was safe as long as he was left to be an incomplete immortal.