Callan

The night had been so cold. Callan remembered waking up and feeling as if his body had solidified as he woke up that morning. Everything was freezing inside of him, and he was certain he was catching a fever.

He tried to collect what he had been seeing in his sleep. The vision was so hard to grasp, but Callan remembered that it mattered so much, that there was something about the dream that was so beautiful, so serene . . .

But it was slowly slipping out of his mind.

Then it came back slowly: first, he remembered a pair of eyes. They were so golden and sharp, and as if it was lit up ablaze. Then he recalled the whole figure of a gentleman, standing afar from him, and everything about him was picture perfect.

The man was wearing a huge cloak that looked plain black in the dark. He held an innocent, sad expression, and Callan remembered how intense his chest had been in his sleep.

He felt like he was falling in love. In a dream. And remembering that feeling now in his consciousness, he couldn't believe that whatever he felt was merely visions in his slumber.

A shot of pain burned inside his head, and Callan screamed. This wasn't some usual headache. He closed his eyes and noticed visions popping in and out, and sensation on his body of being touched, his lips being kissed, flashing so fast over him. He breathed in, and the agony subsided.

What the hell was happening to him? After the pain slowly diminished, he remembered the man again. He felt too real to be in a mere vision in his sleep.

Out of all the guys he'd gawked over in his life, he wanted this man. But being awake only meant that the vision was fading away with time, rushing down the hourglass, and soon Callan would not remember a thing about him.

Maybe he could see the man again in his sleep. Maybe he should get under the covers again, but he had to go to school.

He wanted to see the man again.