Callan

They took slow midnight strolls underneath the trees. Callan rubbed the sides of his arms as the chilly wind blew past him and his mate. They didn't exchange much words to each other; Callan didn't know what to say, anyway. What more could have been said?

"Still mad at me?" Parker's sudden speech took Callan aback. It was still weird to see Parker talk without screaming strange things at him. The whole shift between all the dark things that the vampire wizard had done to this was definitely too quick.

"I don't know," Callan said.

"I completely understand if you still do," Parker said, his voice brimmed with his sensuous accent. That was quite irresistible. "I just want you to know that I am sorry for everything that happened."

Callan stopped his tracks. Above them, the top of the trees let out an opening enough to let the moonlight fell. He turned and faced Parker, and now he could see his mate clearer in dark hues.

"It's fine," Callan said, reaching out to touch the side of Parker's arm. His fingers lingered there, and he really wanted to do more touching here. "You look ... handsome tonight, Parker."

Parker laughed as his eyes went to his feet. "Thank you, Callan. You too ... well, you're the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my whole life."

Callan baffled and decided to move again. "Whatever."

"I'm serious."

"You're just ... infatuated, Mr. Sebastian."

"Hey." Callan felt his arm being gripped hard enough for him to stop his tracks. Then he looked at the pair of golden eyes, now materialized right in front of him, in his wake, instead of in the recurring dreams he always had.

He liked the view better here. He might not know what to do with his mate now, but he sure liked it.

"What is it?" Callan said.

"I ... I ..."

Callan frowned, his hand now gripped Parker's and felt him shivering. It was still peculiar to see a dangerous man like Parker succumbed to vulnerability like this.

"It's okay," Callan said, and he tiptoed to make sure his lips closed perfectly around his mate's own.

Callan pressed hard, relishing the taste and the sensation, allowing himself to let the explosive adrenaline rush flooded into him now. Parker went crazy; Callan could tell as his mate pushed deeper to catch Callan's own tongue in between his two lips. Everything felt natural, and kissing had never felt good when he had it previously. Maybe Callan had never kissed any boys before, but he knew for certain nobody could make it feel as good as Parker did.

Callan felt as Parker intensify when his mate gripped the back of his neck, as if that could relieve the tension of their making out. By doing so, Parker's lips got gentler, slowly sliding in and out in between Callan's own. He was now throbbing in his pants and really wished Parker could place his hand there ...

"I ... I'm sorry ..." Parker said once he broke out of the lip-lock.

"Hey, it's fine, Mr. Sebastian."

"No." Parker struggled to breathe. "Actually ... I ... I'm a bit thirsty. It's time."

Then it hit Callan that his mate was a vampire, and he needed to get fed. He almost forgot—Parker looked insanely human in this view.

"Oh, let me get you to the Main House," Callan said. "My dad may have something for you back at home—"

"It's fine," Parker interrupted. "I ... I'm not exactly comfortable drinking it in front of people."