Keith

Magic over martial arts was a foul play. Keith didn't remember if this was ever in Wren's syllabus before.

He felt like laughing, as he felt himself flying across the room to crash like a piece of garbage by some chants the vampire wizard made. None of his hands-on from Wren's lessons worked.

How dare he not to tell him that some people have magical abilities. How dare he not be reminded that he was not made to be invincible towards every creature in the world.

Keith tried every move, every tactic, every strategy—it seemed to come very close to victory until the weird words were casted off the air, along with the fire shots across the cavernous space.

As he gradually lost his consciousness on the stony ground, sensing someone who looked like Callan running across the room to attempt a vain fight with the wizard, he thought to himself: what was he trying to prove, really? He should stay back there and learned his way through what he should do under Dan instead of going rogue. Did he really want to prove something to someone by attempting a reckless move like this?

Jace and Colby shouldn't let him come along, he thought.

Maybe Nathan was right;Keith didn't need to prove anything to anyone. And the fact that he was rightmade Keith want to kill the boy more.