Keith

Keith texted his aunt immediately, informing her about his friend giving him a ride home. While he and Nathan were walking to the parking lot, Keith couldn't help noticing that Nathan seemed to be walking too fast without conscience. Nathan would stop his tracks every now and then when he noticed he was many steps ahead of Keith. Then Keith saw Nathan blushing as he laughed nervously.

"Are you in a rush or something?" Keith asked.

Nathan chuckled, shaking his head. "Nope, not at all. We have all the time in the world now . . . wait, are you?"

"No," Keith said. "I'm good."

"Keith, do you remember the way to your place?"

God, his name in Nathan's voice sounded so good. "Yes, of course. Why do you ask?"

"You're new here, right?" Nathan asked. "So I assumed you might not be familiar with the roads here."

The parking lot was almost empty when they got there. Nathan drove a black Toyota Vios. Fantasizing that Nathan would open the door for him in the front seat, Keith brushed the thought away. Once Nathan entered the driver's seat, he jumped in quickly. As Nathan started the engine, Keith buckled up his seat belts and breathed in, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asked out of the blue, already driving off the school building, heading to the main road.

"What? Oh . . . yeah, I'm okay," Keith answered.

"Don't worry, I'm not a kidnapper." Nathan glanced at Keith for a moment, showing off his pretty smile. Keith's heartbeat sped up.

He cleared his throat. "Um, so is this your car?" Keith asked.

Nathan chuckled and said, "I would love to say it is to impress you, but alas, nope . . . it's my dad's." The traffic seemed good, and the sky was very cloudy the sun wasn't that bright now.

"So . . . you drive it every day to school?" After cleaning up, Nathan wore a skin-tight T-shirt, and Keith's eyes couldn't help landing on the way the sleeve closed around Nathan's bicep. They stopped at a red light among many cars and trucks, and when Nathan pulled up the handbrake, something about the veins in his hand caught Keith's attention.

Nathan breathed out and turned to look at Keith with the same smile on his face. "No, even though I can." Nathan stretched and let out a funny loud noise when he yawned. "I'll use it if I want to stay over a bit longer in school. Or else, I used to ride the bus, but now I commute to school with a used van with some friends from the pack."

"Your dad has another car, then?" Keith asked.

"Yes, sir," Nathan said, starting to move as the light turned green. "I do love driving, but not to school. There's this unexplainable negative vibe to it, you know? The school bus seemed appropriate, like it was the agent that forced me to go every day, so I had no choice. But actually driving, putting out an effort to go somewhere you didn't really want to go? Nah."

Even though Keith might only understand half of what Nathan said, he still could love the guy already. Nathan being wordy was cute.

"So you don't enjoy going to school that much?"

"Well, I think I'm just starting to like it now, Keith, even though nothing's changed that much about me. I'm still not used to the crowd there, though. I don't prefer to be anywhere outside my comfort zone, and the only comfort zone I can think of is in my pack neighborhood."

Keith chuckled, finding himself staring at Nathan too much. Nathan didn't seem like the introverted, misfit type like the way he described himself. Keith looked out to the road and tried to sit more comfortably, adjusting his seat a bit downwards.