Church

Zlata's P.O.V

I collapsed on the pew my body burned and my heart ached I needed to escape, how could an angel be evil? I glared at the statue of Jesus "I pray, but I'm hopeless," tears stung as they fell into the empty cavity "Answer me!" I dug my nails in the carved stone. I fall to my knees resting my head on his feet "I need hope!" my teeth drew blood as I braced myself on the crowned statue "I hate you!" I shove the statue to the ground. The holy statue shatters at the impact of the stone floor. I smirk at the fragments of his thorn crown a sensation of power rose in me before the angel gasped at the piece and the cloud of dust. My skin prickled as she smashed my face into a segment of his face "You demon!" my vision goes black repetitively until she took a ragged breath hauling me up by my long hair. I'm propelled into a domed room my blood like a thick mask on my face. I force my gaze from the floor to my mother distant periwinkle eyes earning sharp heel to my chin "Zla, your a bad girl," she chains me to the wall of the crypt facing my malnourished parents who pasty faces and hollow cheeks. She touches the rosemary on my neck "I'll have mercy," she swipes a finger across my cut face. The angel had a crooked simper on her face as she drew on my mother's forehead with my blood. She painted a crown "He had a crown," she pouted and she did the same to father's face "He had a father,". She chartreuse eyes met mine with a smirk as she licks her finger "Delicious, oh wrath,". Blood drip from my face in harmonizing with the shrieks of my mother "Please stop!" I sobbed pulling at my shackles. She slits their stomachs open "Your bad girl Zla, you made me sin," she switches their organs "But if I have to sin, I'll sin right," my father's kidney is launched to face. They bleed to death. I scream and cry. I rip my chains from the wall and collapse to the floor in weak sobs she smiles at me. The angle locks my chains scooping me up in her arms "Now I have everything," I smack my hands against her chest "M-m-my family!" she twists a strand of my hair "I had mercy, didn't I?".

Aradhaka's P.O.V

I daze at the herd of goats grazing in the meadow my father a shepherd stood beside me with his standing crook "Arad, a buckling going far from the trip, go make yourself useful," I nod and stood from the rock "I'll be back papa," I groan and sling the tan bag around my shoulder dashing after the goat. The meadow became the forest I bit my lip and slowed my pace "Papa, doesn't like me going to the forest, but since it involves a goat I don't think he'll mind," I tiptoed in hearing the faint bleating. I rush into the thicket blindly I find the goat at the abandoned church stoop I cinched my rope tighter around my tunic "Scooper, why did you go so far from the tribe?" I peek my eye into the church my chocolate hair falling in my eyes. I move it away and see a girl dressed like a sister. She sat reading the bible her eye dart towards me I gape at her hollow eyesocket "What happened to your eye, miss?" she chews on her nail setting the bible down. I notice the scabs on her face "Angel is not here," I chuckle and rubbed my neck "Are you safe here?" she strides closer to me muttering the word angel under her breath "Go it's not safe for you here," I gulp my back pressed against the door holding the baby goat "I can help you," she shakes her head "He didn't help, he didn't save me," I force my eyes shut and she approaches closer to feeling heat rise to my cheeks "My name is Aradhaka Simar Bhasin, nice to meet you!" I held out my hand she giggles "My name is Zlata," I bring my hand to my side "Are you safe here?" she sighs and pets my goat "When the angel isn't here," I gulp "I can get you to safety," she smiles "Thank you," I lead her to my father herd. 

He stood arms crossed glaring at me "I see you were seeking off with girls, what did your mother tell you about that," his anger vanishes and gasps at Zlata eye "What happened to you, sweetie?" I give her hand squeeze to comfort her "My family was kidnapped," he gawks at her "Where is your family?" she winces "Dead," he picks up his hand craved crook from the grass "Who kidnapped you?" she shrugs "She's an angel, who hated my family," my father nodded stroking his stubble on his chin "Aristocrat I see, I'll help you back home," she nodded blinking her tears away "Thank you,". 

We brought home my mother wrap her eye and patched her face "Arad, don't burn the naan!" I blushed and flipped the bread. My mother sat drinking masala chai with Zlata chatting "Dinner's done!" my mother groans standing up "Arad, it isn't every day you bring a girl home!" Zlata giggled and I grumbled "Yeah, yeah, enjoy naan," we sat down at the table eating pea soup "Where are you from Zlata?" she smiled "I'm from London," my mom smiles "Will you like more pea soup?".

Zlata's P.O.V

Aradhaka and I laid on a steep hill bathing in the sun he turns to me his hair gleamed off the sunshine "Zlata, I have a present before you leave," I pout "Arad, I'm going to miss you," he grins as wide as takes out a small box from his leather pooch "I want you to have something to remind you of me," I blushed and he places the box in my palms "I didn't get you anything," he scoff "Lies, you gave memories," I gulped as I untie the pink ribbon of the white box "Arad, thank you, thank you, I love it!" I tackle him in a hug he smiles "I'm friends with glassmith son and I am happy you like it," I embrace him tighter "Thank you Arad!" he grins "I know you don't like your socket and I want you to feel happy about yourself," I feel the gauze patch on my eye and smile "I'll cherish it Aradhaka," he nods "I hope," I turn and take the patch of putting the glass eye in and I turn to him "How do I look?" he covers his face "You look pretty," I smile and embrace him "You look pretty too!" we erupt into laughter.