Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“Hee Young, wake up. Hee Young!”

I woke up to see Mi Hi shaking my shoulder. 

“What?” I asked rubbing the sleep out of my eyes

“We’re here. We made it to our new home,” she smiled.

I smiled and jumped out of the seat,” Yay! Lets go!”

“W-wait up! Hee Young!” Mi Hi ran after me to catch up

***

We were now just walking in the streets of Seoul, South Korea. With nowhere to go, and nothing to eat. 

“Hee Young~ I'm hungry!” Mi Hi whined

“Your not the only one….” I said putting a hand on my stomach

“How are we going to survive here!? We are going to starve!”

“Look Mi Hi, I’ll figure this out-“ she cut me off.

“How? Are you going to steal again? Maybe this time your going to steal someones money instead of food. Isn't that what you had in mind?” She glared at me

“Your alive because  of my stealing. So don't you dare say that stealing is the only plan I have,” I narrowed my eyes at her. 

“What are you going to do? Beg?” She questioned

“ I have more pride than that”

She rolled her eyes.

***

As we were walking we made it to a small park. We both sat on a bench. 

“Mi Hi….To be completely honest….I don't have a plan this time…” I said looking at the sky

She didn't answer. I looked at her only to find her asleep. I sighed. I need to find a way to keep us alive. I stood up and started walking. Would Korea have a abandoned factory that's well furnished? I don't think so. I have two choices here. A: steal or B: beg. Stealing is something I'm good at…but that isn't something to be proud of. I would beg, but i just don't know how. Everything we have doesn’t even belong to us. I stopped walking when I heard the sound of crying. It was a little boy. He looked around the age 5. I walked next to him and knelt down.

“Are you ok?”

He looked up at me and threw his tiny arms around my neck,” Big sister!”