Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Hee Young...doesn't her story sound a little...odd?"

We had just gotten back from visiting Hyo. I told Mi Hi the reason behind Mrs. Kim's actions.

"What do you mean?" I took my hair out of its braid, "Mrs. Kim went through all of that. How can it sound odd?"

"Hee Young. Didn't Ms. Figs tell you that they found you abandoned in a stroller behind an old supermarket? Mrs. Kim lost her daughter in a stroller," She said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I don't understand," I sat next to her on my bed, "Just because I was in a stroller when they found me doesn't mean I'm her daughter. Besides, why would I be behind a supermarket? I don't know about you, but I am pretty sure people who kidnap babies don't leave them behind a supermarket until someone finds them. Mrs. Kim said that they searched high and low for Seoyoon. A baby can't survive a whole year with no food. Especially a newborn."

She rolled her eyes, "do you still have your baby blanket?"

"Yeah," I stood up and walked over to my closet.

I reached out on the high shelf and gently picked up the, now, tiny baby pink blanket. I went back next to Mi Hi. She took it from me and started flipping it around, looking for something.

"Hey, hey! Be gentle with it! It's the only thing I have from my birth parents!" I yelled grabbing it from her

"Tsk, look!" She again took it from me and pointed at a corner of the blanket. It read 'Kim'.

"Yeah, so? Thats my last name, stupid," I pointed out.

Mi Hi let out an annoyed sigh, "Hee Young is the name the orphanage gave you! You could be Seoyoon! Mrs. Kim could be your mother! Hyo could be your little brother!"

"Mi Hi that's absurd!"

"It could be possible!" She crossed her arms

"Yes, it could be. 1 out of a million," I told her roughly grabbing the blanket from her grasp, "Mi Hi we came here to forget about the past. Not to go parent hunting."

I neatly folded the blanket and put it back in its place. My past is very a very sensitive subject. I can barely think about it without getting either depressed or extremely angry.

"But aren't you curious!? We can show it to Mrs. Kim to see if she recognizes it!"

"Mi Hi if you don't drop this topic, I'm going to-"

"Girls~ Could you help me with the dishes? The boys are all up in Yoongi's room and they left a horrible mess downstairs," Mrs Min called.

" This conversation never existed. If anyone hears us talking about this, then they'll find out we've been lying to then this whole time. We can be in serious trouble for the things we've done Mi Hi. Once I make enough money for an apartment, we'll be out of here. Just, please, get these assumptions out of your head," I said in a low voice.

"Fine."

I know Mi Hi is probably ticked off because I'm denying everything. I don't care much about the past. I wasn't a kid who got presents every year for Christmas. Heck, I didn't even have an exact birthday until two days ago.

'You still don't have an official birthday you realize that, right?'

Yes, I do. Finding out my age when I was younger was always a challenge. So, I started counting every New Years as a birthday. Here I am 19 years old. Or am 20? I shook my head. I had just walked down the last steps.