Chapter 26

Chapter 26

-Hee Young POV-

After we finished eating, Yoongi put money on the table and began to head out the door. He didn't even wait for me. I had to run in order to catch up to him. The drive back to the cabin, was quiet and awkward. I glanced at Yoongi, his eyebrows were furrowed and his jaw clenched. He only briefly made eye contact with me, and yet I got the feeling he was upset with me. Why?

"The dumplings were delicious, don't you agree?" I asked trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah."

Yoongi wouldn't continue. He responded with a short answer. Well, to be fair, I did ask a yes or no question. My face lit up. That's it!

"Omo, remember that monkey! The way it just jumped at the fence screeching," I giggled.

Nothing. He simply stared at the road in front of him. His eyes would flicker to the rear-view mirror every once in a while. I frowned, turning my head to look out the window. I gave up on trying to start a conversation.

***

We made it back to the cabin. The rest of the car ride was silent and awkward. We could have been chatting and laughing, but he wouldn't respond. He simply turned down my attempts to start a nice conversation, which confused me. Yoongi was about to go into the bedroom, but I grabbed his wrist. He stopped in his place, and looked back at me. 

"Do you need something?" He asked

That's the most he's said to me since we left the restaurant.

"Let's watch something...please?"

He took my hand in his and led me to the couch. I sat down while he went to put on a film. I pulled my knees up to my chest, watching him. After picking something to watch, he sat down next to me.  I watched the introduction of the movie. I felt the couch movie slightly. From the corner of my eye I saw Yoongi scooting closer to me. I fought back a smile. Five minutes into the movie, Yoongi put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me his chest. 

"Hey, I was comfortable like that!" I whined

"Well I wasn't."

I rolled my eyes, a smile making its way onto my face.

'Everything is back to normal..'

Well, at least that's what I thought. 

***

~Sunday~

I woke up laying down on the couch, with a blanket covering me. No Yoongi. I quickly sat up, alarmed. Where'd he go? 

"Oh, you're awake. Morning."

I turned my head to see Yoongi placing a plate of food on the kitchen table. I took the blanket off and stood up. I was wearing the same outfit from yesterday's date. I scratched my head, letting out a big yawn.

"Good Morning...You can cook?"

"I'm not that creative with my recipes, but I can manage a simple omelet," He said, "Come sit down. Eggs only taste good when they're hot."

"Okay, okay."

I took a seat at the table. Yoongi took a seat in front  of me. We both began eating. It was quiet until Yoongi spoke up.

"Your phone was blowing up with messages last night. Who was it?" He asked taking a bite of the omelet

My eyes widened slightly, but I quickly regained my composure.