thirteen.

Once Jamie was dressed, Geralt did not hesitate to pull her by the arm and bring her away from Yennefer

Once Jamie was dressed, Geralt did not hesitate to pull her by the arm and bring her away from Yennefer. Having her walk ahead of him instead. So she quickly rounded the bed that held Jaskier, sitting right next to him and brushing his hair back a bit with her hand. She was most definitely worried and knew that Geralt wanted to leave now.

Yennefer eyed the two of them as they both stared at Jaskier, "Do you doubt my capabilities?"

"No." Geralt responds in his usual low voice, "Just your intentions." He let out a sigh, "I said some things to him. He's uh..."

"He's a friend." Jamie finishes for him, feeling a little out of place in a dress again, but at least this time it was loose fitting and covered her up.

Geralt faced Yennefer, ignoring that Jaskier was truly a friend to him, "I'd like it not to be the last thing he remembers."

"He won't remember much if he's dead." Yennefer caught the angered looks that fell upon both of them and chuckled, "It's a joke. He will survive. And recover his vocal talents. Does that satisfy you?"

"Not in the slightest." Geralt followed Yennefer slightly, while Jamie stayed seated on the bed, her boot covered feet poking off the side from under the gown. "But don't reproach yourself for it, Yennefer. I'm not easily satisfied."

Jamie sighed loudly as the two of them approached one another, wanting to look anywhere but the two of them. She looked around the room only for her eyes to find the seal from the djinn bottle on Yennefer's table and for it to be painted on the floor, "That's the seal..." She cleared her throat while an uncomfortable feeling flowed through her. She was too preoccupied with Jaskier to notice, "Geralt..."

"It's the sign from the seal." Geralt looked to Jamie, "We'll be taking Jaskier now."

"If you wake him before he's healed the spell won't take." Yennefer says calmly while Jamie slowly got up from the bed, "That's no way to treat a friend, Geralt."

"You want the djinn but the amphora's broken. The djinn is already long gone." After his words the candles on the ground ignited with indistinct whispers echoing through the room.

Yennefer hummed and let her arms drop to her side while shooting a knowing stare to Geralt, "Do go on. Tell me how stuff works. The djinn is tied to this plane and it's master. How many wishes did the bard express before he lost his voice?"

Geralt's head slowly moved up in realization, "You need Jaskier to make his last wish so you can capture it."

Jamie twitched her nose a little bit, rubbing it as a weird smell overtook her senses. She wasn't exactly fond of whatever she was smelling, rubbing her nose again. She felt like she wanted to sneeze.

"So that's... two then."

"The djinn will fight you. If you try and bend it-" Geralt twitched for a moment as a wave hit him, "Ah..."