Raindrops on Roses|Edmund Pevensie

Requested by: daughterofKingEdmond
Warnings:
Special Details: Modern Day, name is Natalie, not Y/n, and she's a shapeshifter
A/n: I hope this is what you were imagining. I hope you like it!

Third Person POVEdmund and Natalie were walking through the palace gardens, admiring the beautiful flowers, when it started to rain

Third Person POV
Edmund and Natalie were walking through the palace gardens, admiring the beautiful flowers, when it started to rain. At first it was just a few drops, but it wasn't long before it started to pour.

"Are you kidding me?" Edmund muttered, but Natalie didn't hear him.
"It's raindrops on roses, Ed, like from the movie you showed me." Natalie grinned.
"And whiskers on kittens. Do you want to head inside? It doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. The others might get worried."
"Sure."

The two ran in the direction of the palace but stopped at the door when they realized they were soaking wet and didn't was to get the floors all wet. Natalie shapeshifted into a dog and shook all of the water off, most of which landed on Edmund though, causing him to be more soaked. She changed back and started laughing. It started to get chilly and the fact that Edmund was still wet didn't help them one bit, in fact, it made it worse. He started shivering and Natalie wanted to get him inside before it got too much colder.

"Let's just go inside, we can clean up after ourselves."
"O-okay," he shivered.

Natalie pushed the door open and the two ran to get towels and sit by a fire. Natalie laughing the whole way, and Edmund grinning, but still angry with the weather.

As they sat down in front of the fireplace, wrapped in towels, Natalie noticed something was off with Edmund.

"Are you alright Ed?" She asked, glancing towards him.
"What? Oh, yeah, I'm fine." He said, not seeming to help his case.
"Are- are you sure because you kind of seem-"
"I'm fine, Natalie." He still seemed cross.
"We could go another time. To the garden I mean." She said, hoping that was the only thing making him mad.

Edmund smiled at how caring she was, he realized all she was trying to do was figure out why he was mad. The wheels started turning in his head, Natalie noticed this, seeing the look on his face that she had seen many times before.

"Follow me." Edmund said, standing up and holding his hand out to her to help her up. Natalie took his hand and he pulled her toward the kitchens.
"Where are we going Ed?"
"You'll see," he replied, suddenly the slight anger in his voice was gone.

When they arrived, the chefs weren't working on much, seeing as dinner had just ended and there wasn't much to do. Edmund walked towards the head chef and whispered something to her that Natalie couldn't quite understand.

The chef nodded, signaled to the others to follow her, and they left.

"Ed what are we-" Natalie started, but was cut off with a kiss.
"Brownies?" He asked.
"Brownies." She nodded.

The couple rushed to the ingredient closet in an attempt to find the ingredients for the sweet treat.

They found what they needed and set it all on the counter.

Edmund got the flour, measured it out, and poured it into the bowl, but was a little too fast because it went all over Natalie.

"Edmund!" Natalie yelled in surprise.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-" he started but her hand was already in the flour. She threw it at him, laughing.
"Oh it's on." He said. He grabbed the whipped cream that they were planning on putting on the brownies at the end and she grabbed some chocolate drizzle.

Edmund, who was taller than Natalie, had an advantage. He sprayed the whipped cream all over her hair.

"Aaah!" She shrieked. Running away.

Natalie squirted the chocolate sauce at Edmund and got it all over his white shirt. He started walking towards her and she backed away slowly, but slipped on a rolling pin that had been knocked from the counter.

"Natalie!" Edmund yelled in worry, running towards her but slipping in some chocolate sauce that had missed his shirt. He fell on top of Natalie, barely catching himself before he crushed her. The both laughed. In the middle of his fall, Edmund had dropped the can of whipped cream and it rolled right into Natalie's hand. Edmund was too busy getting lost in Natalie's eyes that he didn't notice her spraying whipped cream into her hand until she had rubbed it into his hair.

Edmund sighed in defeat.
"Truce?" He asked, hopeful.
"Truce." Natalie smirked in victory.

Edmund pushed himself up off of the ground and helped Natalie up.

The door burst open and Peter, Susan and Lucy's worried faces appeared.

"What happened?" Susan asked. Natalie made her way toward them, careful not to slip again.

"We were going to make brownies but then when Ed put the flour in, it sort of exploded all over me and then- is something wrong?" She asked when Lucy brought a hand to her mouth and Peter's jaw dropped. However, the two weren't looking at Natalie, they were looking behind her.

Natalie whipped around and was met with the sight of Edmund down on one knee.

"Natalie-" he started.
"Yes." She stated.
"I didn't even-"
"I don't care, yes, Edmund Pevensie, I will marry you."

Edmund stood up, slipped the ring on her finger and the, now engaged, couple shared a kiss that was unlike any other they had shared before.

"You look nice in white." Edmund said, referring to the flour and whipped cream all over her.

"And you look nice in chocolate." She laughed.