Little Brother|James Potter

A/n
Yes, I know many people picture Aaron Taylor Johnson as young James, but I have recently seen the Dead Posts Society, and thought that Niel Perry (one of the characters) could also be a young James, sorry if this disappoints you.
Requested: no
Warnings: cursing
Special Details: I'm using the name "Brandon" for the little brother, if you want to change it to your brother's name (if you have one), be my guest. I thought of this in the middle of breakfast when my younger brother was being goofy. I hope you enjoy it!

(Just picture him in glasses)

__

Y/n smiled, closing the letter from her parents. It was the day before students would leave for Christmas break, and she had received a letter from her parents stating that they were going away and that her five-year-old brother would be coming to Hogwarts over the holidays to stay with her. Usually, she would go home over the holidays, but she and the Marauders had decided to stay at school this year.

Y/n smiled the whole way to dinner. James, her boyfriend, had recently met her family and he had become very close with her brother, Brandon. The rest of the Marauders had yet to meet the young boy and she was beyond excited.

The girl practically ran to where the Marauders were sitting.

"Guess who's coming to visit over the holidays." She said, taking her seat across from Sirius and next to James.

"Santa Claus," Sirius said, obviously knowing that was not the answer.

"Better." She replied, in the same time that he had had.

"No one's better than Santa Claus." Sirius argued.

"Who is it?" James asked.

"My brother." She responded.

"Are you serious?" James exclaimed.

"No, James, I am, we've been over this." Sirius interrupted, "Why's your brother coming, not that I don't want him to, but he's what, five?"

"My parents are going away over the holidays," Y/n explained. "And he isn't allowed to go with them, so they talked to Dumbledore, and he's coming to stay with me. We're the only Griffindors staying here, so he'll stay in an empty dorm."

The boys all immediately got very excited, all talking at once about what they were going to do with him when he arrived.

The next day, the five of them went to Hogsmeade, while the others were leaving, where Y/n's parents would apparate with Brandon. When the family arrived, Brandon jumped out of his father's arms, running towards James to give him a hug.

Y/n scoffed, "Betrayed by my own brother," she joked, walking towards her parents, giving them each a hug before taking Brandon's suitcase from her mother. He would be there for two weeks, so the suitcase was heavy. Noticing his friend's struggle, Sirius laughed and went to help her. James holding Brandon, and Sirius holding Brandon's suitcase, the five, now six, went back to Hogwarts.

Y/n had shown her brother pictures of the large castle, but he had never seen it in person, so, naturally, he was amazed. They showed him around a little, before eventually arriving at the portrait of the fat lady. James set the young boy down and whispered the password to him. The boy giggled at the odd words before saying, "Pig Snout." The door swing open and the boy laughed again. Although having grown up in a magical household, he had never seen magic quite like this.

James helped Brandon into the common room and showed him to where his room would be, the one next to theirs.

It was almost lunchtime, so Y/n went to the boys' room to let them know. As she was nearing the door, she heard lots of laughing. She opened it slowly, immediately seeing the boys laughing and jumping around on the beds. Brandon looked like he was having the best time of his life, Y/n, however, knew that it had been a struggle for her parents to get him to stop jumping on his bed at home, and she didn't want to start that phase up again. The boys, of course, didn't know that, but they should have known better.

"James!" Y/n scolded. All of the boys, Brandon included, quickly sat down on the bed on which they had been jumping, acting like they hadn't been doing anything.

"Oh, come on Y/n, we were just having a little fun." James defended.

"Yeah!" Brandon chimed in. James' eyes went wide, having just taught the young boy that it was okay to argue with his older sister. Sirius stiffled a laugh.

"You're in deep shit there Prongs." Sirius said.

"Sirius!" Y/n scolded, before he had even realized what he did.

"What did I do?" Sirius defended.

"Shit!" Brandon exclaimed. Sirius went wide eyed, realising what he had caused.

"Brandon, we don't say that." Remus said gently, trying to help the situation. Y/n breathed a sigh of relief. For a moment, it had seemed as if they had all turned against her.

"Sorry," the young boy said, listening immediately to Remus. If it had been Y/n, there would have been much more arguing on the matter.

"It's time for lunch," Y/n said, remembering what she had come up for. Remus stood up, Brandon, who had been next to him, following quickly and grabbing onto his hand. Y/n smiled at the two as they walked past her, out the door. She walked over to James.

"I'm sorry." He said, standing up.

"It's alright." She said, giving him a quick peck on the lips. She shifted his glasses so that they were crooked on his face, turned quickly on her heel and ran to the great hall, laughing.

James quickly fixed his glasses before chasing after her.

Y/n had had a small headstart, and took a shortcut that she knew James wouldn't think to take.

She reached the great hall, and walked in, making it look like she had not been running the whole way there. The rest of the boys were sitting in their usual spot and dishing out lunch, Remus helping Brandon.

She sat down in her usual spot and had started dishing out some food of her own, before James ran in.

"James!" She scolded for the second time that hour. "Set a good example!"

"But you- how did you-" James was very confused and still slightly out of breath. Y/n giggled at his expression. He sat down next to her and kissed her.

"Eww!" Brandon yelled. Remus, Sirius, and Peter laughed. James and Y/n kissed again, causing all four of them to repeat what Brandon had exclaimed.

After a fun-filled day, James was reading to Brandon before he went to bed and Y/n was sitting with them. The three were sitting on Brandon's bed, Brandon in the middle.

Y/n being exhausted, quickly fell asleep, Brandon doing the same shortly after her. James, not quite as exhausted, was barely able to finish the book before drifting off to sleep.

As the rest of the Marauders were heading to bed, they sent Sirius to go check if and when James would be coming. He opened the door quietly and saw the trio fast asleep.

"Hey Moony?" He asked, walking back to their room.

"Yes?" Remus replied.

"Do you still have that muggle camera Y/n gave you?"

"Yeah, why?" Remus grabbed the camera, which had been sitting on his nightstand.

Sirius motioned for his friend to follow him into the room next door.

Remus chuckled at the sight and quickly took a picture of the sleeping three before heading to bed himself.