44.

Amara

And that was all that needed to be done. Convincing.

I ended up secretly phoning Lucien's father, to find try to talk Lucien into leaving with him. Oh what a shock I was in for. There were so many things Lucien lied to me about in concerns of his mother and for starters, he twisted the story and said that his father was the one to book flights when HE was the one to arrange everything.

Though, I was elated to know that Lucien never disregarded the thought of leaving. Leaving me.

I try to not think about how this was going to affect me because this was above our relationship. But I will say I wanted to burst down in tears, knowing that I won't be having my boyfriend round. I've grown so attached to him that I'm so accustomed to having him around. He brings out the best in me and now I don't think I'll know how to cope.

"What will I do without you?" my voice cracks at the end and my lips quiver.

We were now standing at the gatehouse where Lucien and Damien were about to board their flight to France and I couldn't let go of the one thing that kept me whole.

My parents, Cotton, Adelyn, Lucas, Sylvia, Billie and Finn all surrounded us, each wanting to hug Lucien goodbye before their flight calls.

"Amara, you have to let the guy go if you don't want him to miss his flight," Luke chuckles from behind and tries prying me off of Lucien. I sighed in defeat and step back to give them access, knowing that he was right.

Our eyes never left each other's as he gave everyone a simple hug. I go to make small talk with Damien. He adjusts his work bag that straddles his shoulders and shoot me a small smile.

"I hope you guys have a safe flight Mr. King. I can already tell that your ex-wife anticipates your visit," I say solemnly, pushing my hands into the back pockets of my pants.

He chuckles. "Oh please, call me Damien, and she does. I talk to her everyday and she says she can't wait to see us. Don't tell Lucien though, I want his reaction to be real." I nod to him but furrow my eyebrows at something.

"Well I understand the part where you said that you want Lucien to be surprised that this mom actually wants to see him, however, since you just admitted that you talk to your ex-wife everyday, why not tell Lucien? He still thinks that you don't care for any of them," I inquire, now crossing my arms in front of me.

"Well," he looks back and forth from me to Lucien, who was busy conversing with Sylvia, Billie and Finn. "It's just been... extremely confusing for both Lavyrle (pronounced Lah-Verl) and I. I-I-I-I mean, we both want to tell Lucien but.... we want to strengthen our relationship again first. If you understand what I'm trying to say," he declares, looking straight into my eyes for any sign of confirmation.

"I understand you don't want to drop a heavy load onto his life when he's already going through so much. It's totally fine," I smile, which earns a sigh of relief from Damien.

"Thank you for understanding Amara, and thank you for giving my son a chance. He definitely saw something in you and when I met you for the first time, I accepted you with open arms because usually my mom never lets me meet the girl he sees. You were the first, so I knew that you mean a lot to him," Damien confesses. My eyes trail over to Lucien, who was already looking at us. Probably have been for the longest while, as if wondering what his father and his girlfriend could be talking about.

He smiles and motions for me to come to him and everyone surrounding him parted the way for me. I give Damien a long hug and thanked him for everything, especially for Lucien.

"He's changed, I feel like the whole world could tell. Only God can judge him but I know that God is proud of the man he is today," was the last thing I say to Damien before making my way to my amazing boyfriend. Man am I happy to call him mine.