31.

Amara

As we got back to campus, we bid each other goodbye with a long, lingering kiss, Lucien explaining that it's to keep him in one piece until later. Well, I had to pull him in a few times for kisses since I wanted to kiss him a while back and I'll also miss him. He laughs at my sudden clinginess.

"I just really appreciate you Lu. You're so perfect, in every way," I confess, kissing him again.

"I'm not, yet you constantly give me a reminder," he says, giving me a look, before pressing his forehead against mine.

"Because you are and forever will be my perfect person," I whisper, looking into his eyes through my eyelashes.

"Oh the things you do to me Amara."

We share a passionate kiss one last time before heading our separate ways in the direction of our dorms. Seeing Syl there already, I thanked God in my head and she immediately told me to search for an outfit.

Halfway into the exercise, I was fed up and my hands hurt.

"This is pointless Syl," I huff and threw the clothes aside.

"You're just picky," she mumbles and I flick her off.

"I think I found your dresses to choose from." In her left hand held a royal blue silky V collar long sleeve pleuche slim bodycon dress and in the other was a red, Manhattan slip, lace up back, accented with gold eyelets, twin knee high leg splits and thin strapping empathising the square flattering neckline.

"Never would I have imagined you owning sexy, panty ripping dresses," she gushes. "Which will it be Mara?"

"He said elegant so....the one on the right," I say finally and she nodded.

"Shoes?"

"My only pair of hot suede platform heels," I chuckle.

"Good," she clapped her hands together and went over to her bed. "I'll be back in an hour. You know, I gotta buy a dress."

I scrunch my eyebrows. "Girl you have tonssss of dresses," I emphasied.

"You don't know what I'll catch," she winks and walks out the door.

"Wear the mosquito net!" I yell.

***

"I don't know....don't you think it's a little too much?" I ask, sitting nervously in the front seat of Syl's work to own car, twirling the hem of my dress between my fingers.

"Nothing is never too much. Besides, I think those tubes are good accessories," she replies with a wink.

I eye her attire and take in how elegantly dressed she was, the strapless asymmetrical side draped gold satin long dress with a thigh high slit and a strapless V neckline totally complimented everything on her.

Who am I to feel insecure in my own skin though? I look amazing. I just feel like I'm over dressed for the occasion.

I sigh and leaned in my seat, relaxing my tensed shoulders. The long drive also added to my tensed state, every minute that passed by made me over think the situation a little too much.

"Do you even know what the occasion is?"

"Lucien's father hosts a ballroom charity event every month for the children on the streets or St. Ann's Safe Care facility in hopes of brightening their futures. A tradition they tend to keep. There are many businesses Mr. King owns which branches all over the US, in the Caribbean and also in some countries of Europe, including their native country France," she informs me.