21.

Amara

They see Lucien and he doesn't even budge from my side.

"Get away from my daughter," Luke says dangerously low and mom hits him lightly on the chest.

"What he means to say sweetie is....thank you for aiding our daughter. You're very generous," mom says for both her and Luke and wipes away the loose tears that threatened to fall down her now puffy cheeks.

"Well if she only listened when I spoke, we wouldn't be here," Lucien grits his teeth and forces a smile, "but I'm just glad I brought her here to get the attention she needed." I knew he was angry, it was prominent in his husky French tone, he just didn't want to become arrogant in front of mom and Luke.

Maybe later I might get a cuss out.

I raise an eyebrow, trying to figure out how he knew which hospital to bring me to.

"So.. how did you know where to bring me?" I look at him as he turns his head to me.

"I called your mother and she sent me a live location," he responds.

I turn my attention to my mom, who nodded. "I did. He called me from off your phone. Good thing I made you put me on speed dial. And thank you again Lucien."

Mom shoots him a smile and walks over to embrace him in for a hug, until she notices his dirty attire.

Instead, she extends a hand out for Lucien to shake which he hesitantly accepts, doing the same with Luke.

"Well I should probably let you guys handle the rest. I'll.... check up on you via Syl Mara?" he eyes me questionably and I finally meet his deceitful pupils.

"Sure," I say, my voice coming out croaky as ever.

He shoots a fake smile to mom once again and places a small kiss to my forehead before leaving. I force a smile and they both walked to the foot of the bed.

"Is he really not your boyfriend?" was the first thing that came out of my mom's mouth.

I laugh unexpectedly loud but they were serious.

I tried.

"What? So now I'm not allowed to have boyfriends in college now?" I say jokingly.

"What your mother meant to ask was.....why him? Your love life has nothing to do with us. As your legal guardians, who you associate yourself with is a problem," Luke speaks and I arch my neck.

"And guys with tattoos are a problem or something?" I question, arrowing my eyes at them both.

"Sweetie that's not the p-" mom starts but I stop her.

"Can we not argue about this? Can we just head back to campus now? I'm not in the mood for any lectures," I say angrily and swing my foot off the bed.

They hadn't spoke to me for the rest of the day.

The drive back to campus was dormant and as soon as I stepped foot onto the property and into the hallways of the girl's building, a swarm of them huddled around me like I'm a flower and they're the bees searching dangerously possessive for nectar. Questions were asked but the real question was....how does the entire campus know?

The party wasn't even all that overthrowing to the extent of everyone being there.

Once I stepped through the doors of my dorm I exhaled deeply, the breath I didn't even know I held in.

Syl looked up from the magazine she was reading and her eyes widened. "Mara!" she exclaims and embraces me for a tight soul sucking hug.

"Oh my gosh Syl I could barely breathe and I can't even," I exasperate and with that she let's go.

"I was so worried the night of the party and all day yesterday! When Lucien took you to the hospital he told me to phone your parents. I don't even know if he came home this morning. I-I-I-I tried calling his phone so many damn times and they went straight to voicemail. He was so upset and fuming with anger. He's not the best to talk with when he's this way but you are the only person to calm him down," her eyes glistens when she spoke and I already knew what she said was true.

He needed me.

I scrunched my eyebrows in thought. "Could you call Finn and ask him if I can borrow his car?" I ask softly and she didn't question, just picked up the phone and dialed his number.

I did a quick hygiene check and when Syl said that Finn would meet me by his car to get the keys, I threw on some clean, comfortable clothes and a vans, tied my hair in a bun and rushed out into the parking lot, not before grabbing my phone.

Finn and I exchanged simple greetings and he handed me the keys without question. "Be careful Mara," he speaks softly. I shot him a weak smile and promised to take care of his car and bring Lucien back.

***

If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo