32.

Lucien

The announcer calls my father to the stage and he excuses himself from the table. I don't know what kind of act he was putting up tonight, but he was sure as hell selling the cake.

I absentmindedly intertwined Amara and I's hands together, caressing the skin for her comfort. I was over obsessive tonight. Mainly because there were a lot of properly well dressed suitors that could just as easily catch her eye and take her away from me. She was so astonishing under the bright chandelier light that beamed over us. Her dark hair graciously fell down her back, her creamy skin glowed and the dress she wore fitted perfectly, the fabric hugging her curvy body. Even with her cancer, she was undeniably the most beautiful human I have ever met, internally and externally.

Gosh the things I want to do to her, but I had to refrain herself myself from being uncontrollable. She would be th-

"Lucien?" my father's voice pulled me out of my train of thoughts. Everyone had caught me staring at her, she did too, only blushed and looked down.

"Lucien," he calls again. I flick my eyes to where he stood on stage. He motions for me to join him and I flaunt to the stage, adjusting my sleeves as I wanted them.

"As most of you may know my son, Lucien, wasn't the easiest on his feet, even when he was a baby. Some would say that he was mischievous. I would agree," he comments, making everyone laugh.

"But I loved him no matter the troubles that occurred while he was growing up. I still do, no matter what," he smiles proudly as if he accomplished something tonight. I on the other hand; it was so hard for me to not embarrass him in front of all of his work colleagues and Amara. I kept hoping that I could've made eye contact with Amara, knowing that I was going to lose my cool one way or the other.

"Tonight we also celebrate a great good fortune. And her name is Adelyn, the absolute love of my life, and frankly, she saved my life. I'm suddenly blessed by a new bride, a new beginning and not one but two brilliant sons, Lucien and Lucas. I remember an earlier time....-"

Pathetic.

This 'amazing dad in the world' act will go on forever I suppose. Not caring about the shit that was coming out of his mouth, I gaze over to Amara who was already looking, smiling at me. I instantly change moods, letting my eyes rest on her for a bit.

"-Adelyn and I are getting married in a couple weeks." Wait what?

I glare at my father in disbelief. I wish I could slap that fucking grin off his hard face. He was unbelievable. I couldn't even look at him. Such a big disgrace. I felt an arm on my shoulder. I turn hastily, almost knocking the person down, only to see that it was Lucas' mother, smiling widely next to her pathetic son.

I slowly stepped away from them and turn my back to everyone, running to the big glass doors, away from it all. I held my head in my hands and paced the lawn furiously.

"Lu?" her little voice called out to me. I wipe my face with the back of my hands and bring them away, only to realise that I was crying. I was tough, but my mother was my biggest weakness which often brought my delicate side out. I couldn't even imagine what's going to happen from here on now and I don't want to be a part of their 'perfect' family, knowing damn well that they only want to include me because they have no choice.

Her face falls at the sight of my state and walks over briskly to embrace me, wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling my head in. I squeeze her tightly and that was it.

I let it all out. The vexation, the pain, the sorrow, the agony, the thoughts of me losing the first woman I accepted into my horrid life. Something that I was holding in for years, I let it all out.