9.

Amara

A constant shifting of weight brought me back to reality. I snuggled closer to the warm pillow wanting to drown away the weekend as fast as I could.

"Oh my gosh, stop moving you damn pillow," I mumble and wrapped my arms tighter around it.

"I assure you Mara, that isn't a pillow," I hear Sylvia's say over my head making my eyes shoot open. My head rested on a soft clothed chest. A tattooed arm draped across my tiny waist with its fingers outlining my curves in a soothing manner. I slowly moved my head upright and there laid Lucien, eyes closed. My eyes widened and looked over to the confused blonde.

"What did I miss?"

"Nothing," I whisper quickly. "We were just watching a movie and before I knew it, I fell asleep."

Turning my attention over to the semi-sleeping boy again, I took the moment to take in how beautiful he is. His long, thick eyelashes sat atop his pale cheeks, the metal pierced in his eyebrows twitched as if he was having bad memories. Trailing my eyes down to his lips, I always wondered how it would've felt like to mold my lips against his cherry ones, to be able to taste the hint of mint and vanilla on the inside, the feeling of ecstasy and lust. I don't know what he was doing to me but I sure as hell want to give it a try.

"It's rude to stare," he utters under his breath, his morning voice deeper and huskier than ever.

"I wasn't staring. I was contemplating whether to wake you up or not," I say softly. In all honesty, I didn't want to wake him nor did I want to move off of him.

"Just admit I'm good looking on the outside." As soon as he opens his mouth, it's like the small attraction I have for him disappears.

Oh boy, I just admitted I was attracted to him. I'm glad I don't think aloud.

"So much for only watching a movie," Sylvia snickers.

"Oh and by the way, your boyfriend's at the door."

I threw a foot over Lucien's waist and climbed over him, accidentally rubbing my lady parts against his manly parts. He groans softly and I blushed again. I mumbled a quick sorry and dragged my tank all the way to the door. I took a deep breath in after feeling a little dizzy from that little walk and opened it. There stood a lanky boy dressed in a black I am sensitive long sleeved sweatshirt tucked in washed out blue jeans folded at the ankle, a pair of white socks and vans clad on his feet. In one hand held a bunch of lavender flowers and the other was a tub of ice cream and about five DVD cd's, a wide grin spread across his face.

"Miss me?" His welcoming smile warms my heart and I wrap my arms around his waist, careful not to upset anything.

"More of like the idea of you," I joke making him gasp. I ruffled his outgrown hair and motioned for him to come inside.

"Guys this is my best friend Cotton," I say to Sylvia and Lucien, "Cotton this is my roommate Sylvia or Syl as we all call her and her friend Lucien."

Sylvia sent Cotton a smile and a wave while Lucien only snorted and sat upright. I glared at him as if to say be nice. He smirks and walked over to our position at the door. His eyes glanced between us and rested on mines. "Pleasure to meet your boyfriend Amara," he says, never once glancing to Cotton.

"I'm not her boyfriend though," Cotton speaks up making Sylvia's smile grow.

"Mara I was just going to ask if you wanted me to stay in with you today but seeing as you have company....." Sylvia eyes Cotton, " maybe we could reschedule? We could have a girl's day if you're up for it."

I looked over to her and nod. "Of course, I appreciate it though."

She walks over to her wardrobe mirror and confirms her outfit, sprays on some of her perfume and grabs her phone from her bed. "Let's go Mr. King. Casey is awfully excited to you," she chimes, earning a groan from Lucien.

"Didn't I say I wasn't interested?" he barks out.

"You know Casey, can't take a hint and could never keep her nose out of people's business. See you later Mara. Nice to meet you Cotton," she sends us a wink and walks out the door.

"That's my cue," Lucien passes his thumb across my left cheek making me gasp at his sudden touch. "See you around Cotton." Before he completely walked out of the door, he stopped and arched his head to the side. "Oh and Amara?"

"Yeah?" I choked out, still fazed by the slight tingle that arose in my cheeks.

"I'm glad you let me sleep next to you last night," was the last thing he said before leaving the room.

***

If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo