19.

Amara

"So Mara," Brad starts, "how long have you known the L master?"

I roll my eyes at the stupid nickname. "Why does it matter?"

"Because this is the longest I've seen him with a girl on his arm. I've known him for a year. We met at a party. Lots of parties actually," he chuckles.

"Who's ready to get this party starteddddddd!" Finn yells and lights an object in his hands. Someone turns up the music even louder and people scatter all over, some even filled the spaces on the logs to play the interesting game Finn and the rest of them was about to endure.

I was feeling somewhat different from everyone which I was, but I still wanted to fit in just for one night. Knowing that me getting up from my position will make Lucien furious, I tell my lungs to not be shitty for tonight and get up in search for Lucien. I spot his tattooed hand from afar and walk up to him. His group of friends instantly saw me and started checking me out indecently. Lucien follows their gaze and a scowl met his perfect features.

"I think I want a drink," I yell to Lucien over the music.

He looks at me in disagreement. "Fuck no. I don't want you starting shit," he yells back.

"But you do it."

He motions the cup to me. "This is pure soda. I don't drink." He surprises me so much.

"Come on let the girl have some fun," a girl with a pixie cut hairstyle whines and forces a red cup between my fingers. I was hesitant for a moment, not caring what the liquid that filled the cup was and downed it all down with one sip.

"This one's a keeper Lucy," she grins and introduces herself as Becky, short for Rebekah.

"So, how about we play a game of suck and blow?" One of the guys ask.

"Suck and blow. I'm down," someone else says. Everyone moves around and forms a small circle.

"Come on Lucien," Brad appeared.

"I'm good man," Lucien tells him.

"Amara?" Everyone turns their attention to me.

"I will play," I blurt out, not waiting for Lucien's approval.

"Really?" Becky questions.

"I know how the game works. I can do as I please," I say and give her an innocent smile. I know better than to look at Lucien. He already told me to sit at the fire, now here I am disobeying him for the second time tonight.

"Okay, I got it," a guy places a piece of paper between his lips and passed it along the line with his mouth.

"Yes."

As soon as the paper hit Brad's lips and he turned to face me, I didn't realise that we stood next to each other.

Unfortunately, as he bent down to my level to exchange the paper to my lips, he exhales, blows away the paper and moves closer to me. He smirks widely and attacks my lips. I tried breaking away from his alcohol filled breath, but he wrapped his hands firmly around my waist to prevent me from moving. The moment his skin came in contact with mines, he was pulled off of me and thrown to the floor. I couldn't even process what was happening, my head started to spin and my lungs were back to their sucky selves once more.

A bump on the shoulder brings me back to reality and I stumble over to stare at what everyone was looking at.

"Dude, dude, dude!" Lucien's hands latch tightly around Brad's neck and the color change of his face tells me that Brad is near death. Brad's blood was all over Lucien's knuckles and nobody dared to break the fight up.

"Lucien!!!" I scream and turn to Finn and Syl.

"Stop them!" I screech but they both seemed amused.

"This fight was bound to happen, you just happened to let it happen sooner than later," Finn laughs and I stare in horror.

I muster up the strength I had and went to break up the fight, Syl and Finn hot on my heels. "Dude, don't go there all right," Finn pulls Lucien off of a now blue black looking Brad and he scrambles to his feet and runs in the other direction.

"Chill out, man. Hey, man, Relax. Okay, relax," he pats Lucien on the back and pulls out his handkerchief to wipe off the blood from his face and knuckles. But he didn't seem embarrassed for what he did. As soon as his red eyes met mines, I didn't dare look away. The anger is radiating off of him and I couldn't find myself to be angry with him.

It was all my fault. If I had just stayed put like he told me to, our night would've ended differently.

I tried taking a step forward but my legs felt wobbly and my lungs gave up on me.

"Amara!!" was the last thing I heard as my body came in contact with the sandy ground.

***

If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo