30.

Amara

I was walking briskly to class when I got an exciting call from Lucien. I was merely upset with him for not waking me from my 15 minute nap before my Statistics class. I answered the phone half-upset.

"Amara Jordyn." He beat me to it.

"Lucien King. Why haven't you awaken me? I specifically indicated that you did because we have the same class together, remember," I retort.

"I cannot stop thinking about you," he confesses and I chuckle, my upset mood completely washing away.

"You're welcome."

"However, we do need closure, don't you think?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, my voice filled with confusion.

"Well, I got a call from the hospital that William is staying at and they informed me that he was being discharged," he explains.

"That's wonderful news," I proclaim, trying to dodge passing students.

"It is. Also, since he doesn't have any family to see to him, I was thinking that you and I can go visit him and take him to his home? That is, if you're interested in going with me? I don't know if you're busy or what," he asks nervously, which is surprising.

He's never nervous. Unless I never recognise when he is.

I stopped in my tracks at his question, smiling warmly. "Of course I'm interested in going with you Lu. I'm never busy for you or for Mr. Chester."

He sighs in relief. "Great. We'll leave right after class," he instructs and I nod.

I facepalmed, just remembering that he couldn't see me through the phone.

I squeak out a yes and headed briskly to class.

As I took my seat, I couldn't help but anticipate going to see William more than actually being excited over class, as I usually am. As we had promised to visit him the next day after our previous visit, the doctor who was seeing to him told us that he couldn't have any visitors since he needed lots of rest. So we didn't bother to return in case we got the same answer, which we accepted. He did need the rest. He's recovering from such an accident and we didn't want to over pressure his mind.

I'm elated that we both had one class today, which is also a 9 o'clock class. Seeing as it's closing in on the end of the semester, classes have lessened whilst coursework and group assignments multiplied.

As soon as the bell rang, signaling the end of the 2 hour lecture, I made my way to the parking lot and spotted Lucien leaning up against his car, busy on his phone.

When he noticed me, he puts his phone away and grins. We greet each other with a small kiss and jumped into the car, pulling onto the road that lead to the highway to the hospital.

"So," he starts, "I've been meaning to ask you something, but wanted to leave it as a surprise."

I look at him, twisting my mouth as if in thought. "Well you already mentioned it so, why can't you just tell me now?" I say cheekily.

He shakes his head. "Because you're no fun when it comes to surprises."

I gasp, half offended. "How can you say that? I'm no fun? Well then you better stop hanging out with me if that's the case," I turn to face front and cross my arms.

He laughs loudly. "Oh come on princess, I never said you weren't fun. I just said you ruin surprises."

I widen my eyes. "It was one time Lucien. ONE TIME." I had accidentally spilled that Billie's grandmother on her dad's side (her and Syl are cousins on their mom's side; their moms are sisters) were flying out to spend her birthday with her. After that incident, I was officially known as the girl who ruined surprises.