6.

Amara

Today is Monday morning already and it's also my first day of classes. Any typical freshman would be petrified since it's college, but Amara Belle was prepared. I woke up extra early to take a decent shower and organize my Literature books for this morning's class.

My floral printed pullover sweatshirt and blue jeans laid on the bed, ready to put on. My army green low heel Martin boots perfectly sat beside my bed awaiting for a wear for the first time. I glanced over to Sylvia who was still asleep, contemplating whether to wake her or not. Maybe her classes doesn't start the same time as mine.

I took a shower and dressed quickly. I pinned my hair in a messy bun not caring how it looked and slung my bag over my shoulders. Before walking to class I sprayed some Lily perfume on, wrote Sylvia a small note and set my alarm clock for 8am for her to ensure she wakes up at a good time. I was unsure where the Literature class was located so I stood awkwardly in another building, staring at the campus' map in hopes of finding the room.

"You look lost," a male voice sounds from behind.

I whipped my head to look at the decent boy and smile in defeat.

"Yes, a bit. I need help to find room 242."

He was friendly along the way to the classroom. "Are you a freshman too?" I ask, adjusting the straps of my duffel bag so I won't look like I'm struggling.

He nodded. "And I'm more sophisticated and on time than the sophomores and seniors in this school," he laughs and I am instantly fond of him.

"I'm Amara by the way. Amara Belle," I greeted.

"Lucas, Lucas Hill," he says with an wide smile. "You're the girl with the cancer?"

I let out a chuckle. "Gee, I'm that famous already?"

"Famous? You are notorious! and I find you quite adorable," he winks. My face heats up.

"You don't think these tubes are too much?" I scrunch my nose.

"It's dope actually. Maybe you could customise the oxygen tank though."

I'm really glad I met this guy. Maybe not all the boys are self centered and egotistic as I thought.

Then again, the only other males I've met were Lucien and Finn and Finn is on my good side.

Finally reaching room 242, Lucas opened the door and offered me to walk in first. Students already filled the large room, the only two seats available were at the front. While I walked over, my colleagues all looked at me harshly but I brushed them off and took my place right infront of the Professor's desk, who hasn't made their appearance yet. Lucas sat right next to me.

"Don't listen to them. I think you're unique and beautiful, it's better to just ignore them than give in to it," he compliments and I sighed.

"I'm kind of used to it. No need to defend me."

Before he could've replied, the Professor walks in.

"Good morning class," she greets,"I'm Professor Roberts. This i-" right in the middle of her introduction, the door opens and my mouth drops. In stumbles Lucien, a scowl prominent on his face. He was dressed in all black and this time with a leather jacket.

I cursed under my breath and Lucas laughs. "You know Lucien King?"

I glanced over to him. "Not personally no. He's friends with my roommate Sylvia."

Lucien's eyes locked on mines and I worry he heard our conversation.

"Do you know him?" I ask Lucas as my eyes trailed on to Lucien as he slid in the seat opposite of me.