(106) - meredith's christmas trap

_____________

A story that had always popped up during Christmas dinner, was Meredith's little trap to talk to Santa Claus.

"I would really like to tell that story.", said her little brother, Alex, excitedly.
Every year someone else told the little adventurous story, which was quite annoying but it never stopped amusing the people around the Christmas table.

"C'mon baby.", Harry encouraged his son, who tried not to look at Meredith - she was giving him a warning glance.

"Right, so it all started with..."

"Has everyone written their letter to Santa Claus?", Olivia called from the kitchen as she was cooking breakfast for the family.

"Yes!", Harry yelled from the bedroom as he was getting ready to leave for work.
"Who would forget?", he muttered to himself as he was fixing his dark blue tie.

"Meredith! Alex!", the siblings quickly left their bedrooms and ran in the kitchen, ready to fill their tummies with some yummy food.
After they kissed their mother's cheek, they made themselves comfortable on the little high chairs.

Olivia put their breakfast on the table and the kids immediately started eating.
"Did you write the letter to Santa, darlings?", she leaned her chin on her fist as she looked at them with a small smile on her lips.
Alex nodded excitedly at her question, while little Meredith didn't try to give any real hints.

"Good morning.", Harry walked in the kitchen with a big smile on his face, which Olivia gladly mimicked, making him smile even wider.
"Morning kids.", his lips found Meredith's cheek and his hand ruffled Alex's hair, making the little boy roll his eyes.
"Morning wifey.", Harry turned to Olivia and planted a kiss on her lips, while one of his hands found her hip and the other her cheek.

"Today I'll be home early.", he announced after their kiss.
"Really?", Harry nodded and quickly explained that his boss wanted to give them an early present for the holidays.

After his explanation, everyone finished their foods and started parting ways.
Everyone left a kiss on Olivia's cheek and then, headed away.

Harry took the kids to school and then continued to drive until he arrived in front of the familiar building.

_____________

"I asked a new bicycle for Christmas. A doll and, huh, I think a colouring book. 'm not sure. What about you?", Rosie, short for Rosalinda, asked Meredith as she started eating a muffin.

"I haven't asked anything yet.", little Meredith muttered yet the words were loud enough, because Rosie had heard them.
"Whtshhw?!"
"I know right."

"No seriously.", Rosie stopped for a second and then looked at her again.
"Same.", Meredith agreed.

"Can I trust you with a secret?", Rosie nodded quickly and looked around, before leaning towards her.
"I'm going to tell Santa my wish myself.", Meredith whispered the words in Rosie's ear, making the little girl lightly gasp.

"Really?!"
"Shhh! No one should know about it."
"I heard that Santa is coming to town.", Rosie told her, making Meredith nod and take out a leaflet out of her rucksack.

"This Saturday."

____________

After convincing her parents to take her to the little park where Santa would be, they finally found themselves there waiting in a line.