(117) - an arrogant roommate

_____________

A knock startled Harry as he quickly rose to his feet, looked at himself for once last time and opened the door of the dorm.

Behind the door, revealed Olivia herself. A jean jacket covering her torso, underneath a black tshirt, black skinny jeans and an annoyed look on her face.
Her backpack slung lazily on her shoulder.

"Hello, I'm Harry Styles and I'm your roommate.", Harry extended his hand out, a small smile covering his lips that quickly started fading as Olivia simply entered the room.

"Olivia.", she simply answered.
"Oh, ehm- It's a pleasure meeting you, Olivia.", the girl walked through every room, slowly observing every inch and Harry following her every step.

"Is everything fine? There's some furniture that needs to be changed anyway- It really won't be a problem if you don't like something-"

"Whatever. The whole place is shitty.",  and once again left Harry speechless.
"Oh."

"Where's my room?", she finally asked, and that seemed the only thing she was interested in.
"It's right here.", a small smile appeared on the boy's lips.

They entered the room and Olivia looked confusedly at the two beds.
"Why are there two beds? To make my stay more comfortable?", she sarcastically laughed.

"Oh, no. The other bed is mine.", Harry chuckled and Olivia went completely serious.
"I'm sleeping on the couch.", she took a pillow and went away.

"Does it bother you?", he got no answer.
"Olivia?"

Harry got rejected for the rest of the evening by the arrogant roommate, yet he believed that there was good deep, deep in her heart.

_____________

Months passed and the relationship between the two became saltier and saltier. Harry offered to sleep on the couch and for her to have the bed.
Olivia still kept her tough facade towards Harry; when he woke up, the blanket was neatly folded and every pillow placed at their belonging place.

After so long that they had lived together, Olivia and Harry had seen each other maybe a couple of times: due to her being super early or Harry being incredibly late because of soccer practice.

That day, Harry came earlier and spotted the girl in the balcony.
He left his bag in his room, took some iced tea from the fridge and reached her in the balcony.

"Hi.", he sat down beside her and quickly noticed a cigarette between her two fingers.

"You're early.", was Olivia's way to greet him and soon the cancer stick reached her lips as she softly inhaled.
"And that is bad.", Harry nodded towards the cigarette, eyeing it badly before placing the iced tea beside Olivia, taking his in his hands.

"It is if you don't try it.", was her answer.
"Does it make you forget about your problems?", questioned Harry and earned a disinterested nod from her, Olivia's eyes looking at the fading sun in front of them.

"And if you stop smoking the problems are going to be back, am I correct?", another nod from the girl.

"There are things like journals, where you write your feelings down.", sighed Harry.
"Or people like Harry, whom you can tell your problems.", the curly headed boy grinned and soon, Olivia's hazel eyes were on his green ones. The cigarette was not used anymore.

"You think it's easy, don't you?", Harry shook his head in defence.
Olivia stood up and before she could go away completely, Harry's hand was around her forearm, preventing her to leave him.

"Let me go.", she muttered.
"What's wrong, Olivia?", he softly said.
"Why are you trying so hard to stay away from me? Hey.", Harry whispered and lifted her chin up gently, at the sight of her clear tears in her eyes.

"I know the kind of boy that you are.", Olivia muttered, her eyes not daring to meet his anymore.
A small smile appeared on Harry's pink lips.
"Oh yeah?", she nodded like a little girl.
"You're nice and then, when you think that I'd do anything for you, you turn bad. I don't want to get hurt. That's it.", then something unexpected happened: Harry hugged her, his arms wrapped around her waist and his face squished in the crook of her warm neck.

Olivia froze and Harry quickly took her arms and wrapped them around his torso.

"I'm sorry for whatever happened that is making you think too much about this. I'm not that kind of man and I'm going to prove it to you. I want us to start slowly as friends.", Harry murmured and Olivia's walls started slowly melting down, letting his words sink in her slowly.

"Friends?"
"Friends."

_____________

Thank you so much for reading another chapter from #Harry'sSunday! xx

I hope you enjoyed the reading and if you did, please consider giving this chapter a golden star and a comment. xx :)

Lots of love to you,

belle. xx

. . .

Written the 30th and the 31st of March 2019.