Chapter 40 : It's Over

Listen to the music at the top.

Music Playlist :   JaRule FT. Jennifer Lopez - I'm Real

-------------

James Solomon

"You're free to go." The guard opened up the cell with the key as I stood up from the uncomfortable bed.

I was glad that my lawyer worked quickly to bail me out. I still plead not guilty and soon was going to have to appear in court for a trial.

My body was in so much pain. I could barely walk. My ribs felt like they were fractured.

I walked out and passed the guards that had beat me. I saw the white man that interrogated me. I shot him a stern look on his face.

" I'm going to sue you for what you did to me in here and trust me I'm coming after your whole fucking career." I threatened him as he looked scared.

The guard walked me out all the way to the front. They handed me a bag of my clothes and I quickly changed into them.

I walked out with my lawyer Mr. Jerry Williams as he talked to me.

" I know you are happy to be out of here sir. These racist cops did all they could to keep you in here against your will and don't worry James. I already got that man's name who had you beaten which was illegal." He assured me.

" Thank you, man." I nodded

" Without your help, I could still be treated like an animal in that hell hole."

The double doors opened, walking out of the police department.

Paparazzi rushed over to me as I walked through with my shades on my face.

" James what are your thoughts against these allegations we would like to hear your side of the story." A woman reporter, placed the mic in front of my mouth.

" I am not guilty. I'm innocent and soon, I'll prove it and clear my name." I kept it brief and short.

They wanted to ask me more but I declined while my security guards kept them away.

I got in my limousine and I had a lot of texts coming to my phone.

A lot of missed calls from my friend Desmond. I decided to call
Him back. I'm sure it was urgent.

" Hey man, I'm out of jail. What's going on?" I said concerned.

" Yo! Marcus has been tripping man. He was telling the whole crew that you were the one who killed chis. This fool had the nerve to clean out your office saying that he was next in charge like he's the new boss and shit." Desmond was upset.

" Wow! that nigga is a liar. I didn't kill Chris. He did and I have the evidence to prove it."

" Word? Damn. I can't wait until the rest of the crew finds out. I knew Marcus was a sell-out all along. That nigga was jealous of you anyways."

" Yeah well, just know I'm coming after his ass. Do you know where he is right now?." I asked.

" He left the warehouse to go take care of some business."