Chapter 5 : Suprise

Listen to the music at the top.

Music Playlist - Maroon 5: Sugar

---------

Destiny Grey

  " So you mean to tell me that you're waiting until marriage to pop that pussy for a real nigga?" A gay co-worker of mine named Josh said to me joking as I straight-faced him.

" Of course. I know it's rare but, it's possible. Plus I don't want to give it to the wrong guy all for him to play me and I'll be left heartbroken like most females Who be crying their eyes out and vow to never trust men again." I shrugged.

He scoffed. " Well damn. I'm glad I'm not a female and don't have to deal with those problems. But, I mean Des, even if you do change your mind... At least let it be with a decent man who cares about you and not the sex." I nodded and agreed with him.

" Aww, you're so right about that Joshy," I cupped his face calling him by his nickname that only I made for him.

He hated me doing that and made a disgusted face at me. He playfully, pushed my hands away from his face while teasing him.

Josh slapped my hands off his face and shot me a look.

" Bitch! You got one more time to call me that and watch...I'ma steal yo lunch one day without you knowing." He threatened jokingly.

" Nigga please." I sang. We both laughed in unison. We loved to play around and catfight at the job. It made our day fly by faster.

" But, for real though. We need to get back to work. Boss needs this article done in 2 hours and time flies by." I sighed.

" Who you telling?.. Wanna grab a bite to eat later on?" He asked.

" Of course hun." I smiled.

Josh nodded and walked away to his corner on the other side of the room where he worked.

I turned back around in my chair typing away on my computer.

Today at my job. The boss told us our assignment was to write an article on young entrepreneurs who are taking over the business stock market. 

The first person that came to my mind was the billionaire I met at the club two weeks ago. It was an awkward encounter to meet him that way.

He was sure fine as hell.

It felt good to know that I didn't let his money phase me.

I got under his skin with his cocky fine self.

I just couldn't be like his groupies. I refused to be the typical girl who falls over a guy because he's rich.

How my father taught me. He told me to never let money buy me. That I was a special prize and the right guy would have to work hard to get me. To NEVER make it easy for a guy to impress me with material things or words...I like a man of action.

In the middle of typing, my boss clapped her hands and told everyone to meet her in the conference room.

Everyone immediately stopped what they were doing and walked there. I took a seat by Josh. He leaned over and whispered to me in my ear.