Chapter 25 : Therapy

Listen to the music at the top

Music Playlist: Eminem - Beautiful

----------

James Solomon

   I was recovering from all of the deep cuts from my drunken rage a week ago. They were pretty deep and I hired a nurse to come to my house give me my medicine and help me clean my cuts. They were starting to heal. Destiny came by every single day to check on me and even slept over some nights. She was very helpful and I was grateful.

I felt like I was finally able
To open up to her more. I had this wall up vowing to never let anyone love me.

Destiny was that one girl who changed me to think differently about women and falling in love.

She was my rock literally and she held me down.

I know, eventually, I have to come clean about my double life before she finds out soon.

To be honest—That was my worst fear.

Her not accepting me, if I told her the truth about being  the " Biggest Kingpin in New York City."

I was ready to get out of the game for good.

If Destiny wasn't by my side that night when it happened. If I had my way with my Father, something very bad was going to happen to him.

I was trying my best to not turn into who I was on the streets.

I still ran the streets and I could've easily had a hit put on him, but out of respect for my mother and sister. I just couldn't do it.

I booked an appointment to start going to therapy. I needed to find a way to heal from my past and confront those feelings so I could move forward and be a better man. One day I'm going to have kids of my own and I want to raise a happy family and not a broken one.

I had to deal with myself and the first step was therapy.

" So, James can you tell me about all of your childhood traumas? Why are you afraid of letting people close to you? The counselor said as she fixed her glasses while she had a notebook and pen in her hand with her legs crossed. Her name was Mrs. Lopez.

I took a deep sigh and I crossed my fingers together.

" My father was a very strict man. I grew up in a wealthy family. I was the black sheep of out of my siblings. He treated me differently in ways that I couldn't even imagine as a little boy. He beat me. Sometimes, locked me in a room for the whole day as punishment. He would let my other siblings go play with their friends while I had to stay in the house and do a lot of choirs." I explained as I felt myself getting heavy anxiety.

" Here take this, it'll help." Mrs. Lopez smiled. She noticed my demeanor change and decided to give me some water before I continued.

" Then, one day my father was leaving out of town with my mother for an anniversary trip and he let my aunt Tracy watch me and my siblings. That night I was sleeping in my room and the door was unlocked. She comes in and tells me that she and I are about to play a game. Mind you I was only 7 years old. So she told me that I had to find some jewelry on her body and that I could keep it and pawn it for money. The next thing she touches me on my chest then unbuckles my pants. Then she." I couldn't even Finnish what I was about to say. I started to get angry all over again.