Chapter 8 : You think you know me

Listen to the music at the top.

Music Playlist: Jay-Z - I know

---------

Destiny Grey

Today was finally the day of the Forbes Entrepreneur panel. I was pretty nervous because I couldn't believe I was going to be on live T.V. This was my chance to prove my skills as a journalist and interviewer.

I had done a lot of research on James Solomon, his background, his father's business, his birthday.. almost everything about this man that I could find on the internet.

I already had my notes full of questions to ask him. I wanted to make sure that I was straightforward and professional. I didn't want to flirt with him as all the other interviewers would.

It had to be strictly business - No matter how good he looked to me.

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. After I washed my hair I took a comb and began to detangle my long curly hair.

I made sure to put leave-in conditioner cream on it.

After I detangled it. I Applied heat protectant spray on my hair. I began to flat iron my hair bone straight.

After I got done I began to apply my makeup to my face, today I was going with a simple natural look.

Which was the foundation, a light coat of mascara, I filled in my eyebrows a little with a brow pencil to keep my eyebrows looking natural. I finished it off after I set my face with powder and lastly for my lips. I took a brown lip pencil to outline my lips and then applied NYC butter gloss in the color cinnamon.

For my outfit, I was going to pick a pantsuit I didn't want to wear a dress as I knew that would be too enticing for Mr. Solomon.

Men go crazy when women wear dresses that fit their curves.

I wanted to be known for my professionalism.

After I got dressed I left my apartment and decided to make a stop at my favorite coffee place - Starbucks and ordered a French vanilla Frappuccino.

I took a moment to sit down and read over my notes. My phone vibrated and I got a text from Josh my co-worker at Interview magazine.

Text Messages:

Josh: 1:35 pm - You better kill it today missy! I'm counting on you and the whole staff will be watching. Make your parents proud boo! 😘.

I smiled while reading the text.

He was right this was my big break and I had a lot of people supporting me including my family.

Me: 1:36 pm - Thanks, Joshy! Don't worry I won't let you guys down! I promise. Say A prayer For me ok? Wish me luck 😉." I replied.

I finished my coffee and checked my Apple watch, The time was now 2:00 pm and it was time for me to head over to the studio for the panel.