Chapter 4 : HER

Listen to the music at the top.

Music Playlist: Neyo - One in a million

--------------------------------

       James Solomon

"Pass the ball!" Marcus yelled at me As I was in deep thought. I snapped out of it and realized that I was currently at the gym shooting hoops with a couple of my childhood friends when I went to high school.

Marcus, Desmond, Bryan, and Chris were the main friends I had and trusted. They are my day ones.

" Nigga! You swear you're Kobe Bryant, but the only thing that makes you less than him is that you aren't the goat. You suck at basketball." Desmond said while everyone laughed.

He was the class clown back in high school. His humor is what made me always love to be around him. He makes anyone laugh.

I shot him an annoyed look. " Oh yeah? Man, please! I always beat y'all asses on the court back in high school, you could never check me Dez so chill out on that. In my eyes in a game against y'all wack niggas... I'm the GOAT." I said cockily.

" Yeah, in football, not basketball. Just stick to that." Chris said.

Everyone shook their head and laughed. "Okay, whatever man. I guess that's all in your head." Marcus said as he dribbled the ball.

" I'm tired now. Let's take a break for a second." I said kneeling with my hands on my knees breathing hard.

We all sat down on the bench resting,  I started to drink my blue Gatorade.

" So how's life been going for everybody?" Chris sparked the conversation.

" Well, as you may know, I have a secret that I've been wanting to y'all so I might as well spill it. Remember Shawty I met a year ago through my mother hooking us up on a date. We've gotten pretty serious and we're in a relationship now and to add to the surprise she's carrying my child." He smiled.

Everyone looked at him and immediately we all dabbed him up happy at the news.

" That's awesome! You're about to be a huge father. Congrats man I'm so excited for you. I know you'll be a great Dad." I said.

" Thanks, bro, I appreciate it. So now  I've told my business I know you've been acting kinda strange since that night at the club with that woman."

" What Woman?" I was acting like I was confused by what he said.

He shot me a look and smirked.

" You see here, James is sprung by this girl he only met once, at his club opening."

" Nah, I don't even remember who you're talking about," I said shrugging drinking my Gatorade.

Marcus folded his arms and stood up in front of me.

" WHAT?!" I said annoyed as everyone looked at me curiously to know what he was talking about."

" My boy James is sprung. Over a broad he met Once, hmm that's interesting. What did she look like ?." Chris said, getting anxious.