Chapter 3 : July 1st

Listen to the music at the top

Music Playlist: Jhene Aiko - July

--------------

Destiny Grey

It's the first of July; a new month, so far my year has been full of much success. It was a beautiful Saturday morning.

Today was my 21st birthday.

This was huge for someone's life.

It Twenty-one symbolically represents; maturity and the responsibility for an individual.

As much as I wanted to take a flight to Miami and soak my skin in the sun.

I lived in New York City.

It's one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I moved here when I was eighteen.

I attend the Academy Of the Arts University of New York.

I'm a Straight-A - A student. Mrs. Popular and voted most likely to be successful, and classiest out of all the girls who attend NYAU and that's a major FACTS.

According, to everyone around me I have this "perfect life." For someone who is my age, that's been in the media limelight for my famous writing blogs. Writing has become a huge part of my life, reading is also a hobby of mine.

Only the closest people to me know, that I'm a nerd at heart But, fashion is where my heart is. I plan to start my own business soon. I work hard each day to make sure that I accomplish my goals.

As for now, I'm currently working at "Interview magazine". One of the most popular news editors in the world for fashion, celebs, talent, and entrepreneurs.

I loved my job dearly But, being a full-time student in college also was kicking my ass. I had to make sure that I kept my priorities in line. Summer was almost over and I have one more semester left, until graduation.

I'm low-key a celebrity but not quite yet. I'm a humble soul. So, even though I write and interview people I'm still shy to be in the limelight.

Deep down I'm a major introvert but a chill one. I love to meet new people but sometimes... I get drained from being around so many different personalities.

My phone vibrated and I looked up to see who had called me I let out a sigh of annoyance and rolled my eyes.

He was the last person that I wanted to talk to. After all...I was just a piece of ass that he wanted for the night and on to the next. I ignored the call and declined it.

It was time for me to get busy with my day. Tonight was going to be one hell of a night. I was for sure going to turn up.

It was now time to attend my special outing at Club RED. I did my makeup, slipped on my heels, and out the door I went, A limousine pulled up and I saw my friends Caroline, Ayana, and Taylor sitting in the car.

We all exchanged hugs, took selfies and videos for our social media accounts to post and we were on our way to the club.

Once, I walked into the club. I was greeted by all of my friends from college, I got all of the stares from all the men in the club. They couldn't keep their eyes off of me.