43. Chuunin Exam - 1 Month Break: Encounter

-Sasuke's POV- 

I have just moulded my second chidori. I'm spent. Kakashi told me not to push my limits further, as I still need to conserve some energy. He wanted me to train on my speed, as chidori requires speed for it to be effective. As I was sitting down and eating my bento made by nee-san, a hand reached inside the box and took a piece of my sushi.

"This tastes great! I love nee-chan!" Naruto said loudly and appreciatively as he munched on it. Before he could take my food for the second time, I stood up and stepped on his hand.

"This is MY lunch" I said. The usuratonkachi then pouted as he nursed his bruised hand. "Here. Take Kakashi's" I told him. Why must nee-san made one for Kakashi as well? The rest of the shinobi in training have to get their own food during the lunch break.

"Are you sure? I mean, won't Kakashi-sensei kill us?" Naruto asked.

"Us? You maybe" I muttered under my breath. Naruto seemed not to catch it as he was too busy digging into the bento. "Oh, by the way, why are you here?" I asked Naruto. He closed the bento box immediately when he saw a lump of white hair.

"Hey, kid! I need to go somewhere. Ask Hikaru or Kakashi to train you" a white-haired man who appeared out of nowhere said.

"Eh?" Naruto questioned.

"I know that you are upset about not having the best teacher ever to teach you. But those two are pretty good as well" the man said.

"What do you mean? I don't get it" Naruto said.

"Well, since I, the best teacher ever w--" the white haired man was cut off by Naruto's laughter.

"WHAT? YOU? BEST TEACHER EVER?!?!" Naruto exclaimed as he went into fits of laughter.

"HEY! I TRAINED THE FOURTH HOKAGE!" the man yelled back. Is he..?

"Are you the sannin Jiraiya?" I asked. He nodded his head at me happily.

"Finally, somebody who recognises my tale--" I cut him off.

"I thought that you, who trained the fourth would look much cooler" I replied. He gave me a flat look.

"How Hikaru and Kakashi go through their days shall remain as one of the greatest mystery of life" Jiraiya said.

"Why? Nee-san loves us" I told him flatly. He gave me a look that said 'damn-you-smartass-brat' as he summoned a giant frog.

"See ya kids around" he said as he disappeared. Naruto finally come back to his senses after his laughing fit.

"HEY. What are you doing here?" he suddenly yelled. I blinked at him. I thought that he was talking to me. He, however was staring beyond me. I turned around to find a red-haired boy standing in front of us.

"I'm here for the raven" Gaara said. I stilled. What does this freak want?

"What do you want?" I asked harshly.

"Your eyes are the same as mine" he said.

"No way! He doesn't have a racoon eyes like you!" Naruto shouted.

"He's right. My eyes are not as cold as yours" I said. There's no way I'm the same as him. He was laughing like a maniac when he was trying to kill Rock Lee! I may be an avenger, destined to kill but I still have a heart. I won't involve innocent people, only those who stand in my way- my enemies.

"It's not, right now" Gaara began. "But it soon will" he said. I glared at him. I'm not a monster like him. "You don't believe me" the freaky red hair said. I shook my head. Like hell I will believe this psycho! "Then fight me. I'll show you your true self" he said coldly. For the third time in my life after the clan massacre, my blood ran cold, I was able to feel fearful. It is understandable to be afraid of S-ranked criminals like Zabuza and Orochimaru. But to be intimidated by a kid my age.. What the fuck? No, I can't be afraid of him. I have to be strong. I have to be the strongest shinobi to be able to kill Itachi. He is a nobody. I have to beat him before I can beat Itachi.