10. The Very First Meeting

Kakashi's P.O.V

I woke up from my sleep. I dreamt about the day I first met Hikaru.

I was 8 when I first met her. I was feeling down. Mixture of feelings clouded my mind. I felt angry, disappointed, sad and alone. My father committed suicide. Even his closest friends whom he saved now turned their backs towards him. I felt that this world was extremely unfair. Why did they have to do it? He saved them. He sacrificed his honour to save them. He did a taboo to save them, abandoned the mission given to him and saved his supposed 'friends'. I sat on the grass on the side of the training ground lost in deep thought and sorrow.

Suddenly, I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. "Kakashi. What are you doing here?" Minato sensei asked, giving me one of his signature smile.

"Oh, hi sensei. I'm not doing anything in particular.." I said.

"I know it must be difficult for you" he said calmly. 'So he know', I thought. "How about I give you a mission? I think it might help you overcome what happened" He continued.

"Ok" I said, standing up.

"Good. Follow me to my place" Minato said happily.

I obeyed Minato and followed him. He opened his apartment door and let me in. He then said, "Wait here" and disappeared using his famed hiraishin. He then returned and carried a little girl with him. She was about 2. "Your mission is to baby-sit her" Minato said. "I'm going for an A-ranked mission. Be sure to take a good care of her" he continued and disappeared afterwards. Sigh. What did I do to deserve this? For goodness' sake! I hate little kids! They are all nothing but trouble. I then felt a gentle tug on my shorts.

"What?" I said, a little angry. I then looked at the direction of the tug and a little girl released her grip from my pants and crawled away. She was scared.

"Um.. If you don't want to take care of me it's ok.." the little girl said. "But can you help me to get into the Hokage's office?" she said, still afraid. I then looked at her, surprised.

"You can already talk?" I asked, not believing my ears.

"Yeah.. I'm kind of fast for little kids.. Or so the adults said.." she replied softly.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"2 years old?" She said. Wow. She could already talk fluently.

"Can you walk?" I asked.

"Ya" she said and walked towards me.

"Wow. I thought I would be taking care of a troublesome little crybaby" I muttered. She heard it.

"Well, I guess that you are wrong" she said and smiled.

"Alright. What you want to do now?" I asked the girl.

"Get to know who is taking care of me" she replied. We haven't introduced ourselves to one another yet.

"Oh. Right" I said. "My name is Kakashi Hatake" I said, offering my hand.

"Hikaru Uchiha" she said and took it. Uchiha? Isn't it the same clan as that loud crybaby Obito from the academy a few years back? "In a few weeks' time I would not be an Uchiha anymore" Hikaru added.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked, puzzled.

"My last name will me Namikaze!" she said excitedly.

"How?" I asked. She can't possibly get married.

"Minato-sensei will adopt me" she said with a bright smile on her face. Wow, that's cool. Sensei is a very nice person. She's a lucky girl.

"Now that we know each other, what do you want to do?" I asked her. I could get along well with her...

"Teach me ninjutsu" she replied. I stared at her with a '-_-' face. 'Or NOT!', I thought grumpily. All kids are the same. Irritaing brats.

She then smiled at me. "Just kidding. Minato-sensei will kill the both of us" she said cheekily. I laughed at her remarks. This girl sure is something. I can really get along with her. I can FINALLY get along with someone younger than me, for the first time in my life. "How about reading me a story book?" she asked me with her puppy eyes. There is no way in this world I can resist such cuteness.

"Ok. But I don't have any with me" I said.

"Are we allowed to go out?" she asked.

"I think so. Minato sensei did not say that we could not.." I said.

"Let's go to the forests then" she said. "There is a small pond there. I like that place" she said.

"Sure" I said. We then head out as she led me to the pond.

We arrived at the pond and Hikaru dipped her fingers on the water. "It's nice and cool!" she said excitedly. She then splashed water on me as I got nearer. "He-he" she laughed.

"Naughty girl" I said. I went nearer to the pond and splashed the water on her.

"Meannie!" she screamed and took her revenge on me.

"You started it!" I said and splashed her again. We played near the pond until the both of us was soaking wet. "Do you have any clothes to change to?" I asked.

"I'll go home and get changed" she said. "Once I'm done let's meet at Minato-sensei's house once more" she continued. I nodded and we part ways. I headed home straight and changed and went back to Minato's house once I was done.

I stood outside of Minato's house waiting for Hikaru. I then saw her walking slowly towards me. I ran towards her. "A weird guy chased after me!" she said and hugged me tightly as she was afraid. I then saw a white-haired man running with a frog beside him.

"HIKARU-CHAN! Where are you, my dear <3" the man said. It was Jiraiya-sama.

"Jiraiya-sama!" I called him.

"Hey there Kakashi!" he said and walked towards me, Hikaru hugged me tighter.

"It's ok Hikaru-chan, he is not a bad guy" I said, calming Hikaru down.

"Really? He's scary" Hikaru said, still hugging me.

"Yea. He was Minato-sensei's sensei" I told her, stroking her shoulder length raven hair*, the usual Uchiha Clan's hair colour.

"Are you sure? He does not look reliable.." Hikaru said.

"Hikaru.. I heard that.." Jiraiya said sadly.

"I'm sorry, oji-san. I was just being honest.." Hikaru continued. Jiraiya then sighed.

"It's ok, Hikaru. You will know how awesome and cool I am as you grow older" Jiraiya said with a wink. Both me and Hikaru gave Jiraiya '-_-' faces. He then sweatdropped. "Oh. I'm here to give this to Minato" Jiraiya said as he handed Hikaru a book. "Be sure to give him, ok?" he said as he patted Hikaru's head lightly.

"Sure.." Hikaru said. He then summoned a giant frog and took off.

"So.. Are we going in to the house again?" I asked Hikaru.

"Yeah" she replied. We then entered the house.

Hikaru placed the book on Minato's dining table. We then sat on the sofa and talked about random things. She is very smart for a girl her age. She's probably considered as a genius. We talked for nearly 2 hours and it was already dark outside. I looked at Minato's clock. It read 8 pm. Hikaru grew sleepy. She then walked into her bedroom and changed into her pajamas. She is still living with her real family in the Uchiha residence but she often stayed at Minato's apartment at night. She wore a panda suit like pajama, complete with the hood. If she pulled the hood down to cover her face, people would mistook her for a panda cub. She was so cute. I wouldn't mind having a little sister like her. I then took her hand and held it. I picked her up and tucked her in her bed. I pulled a chair close to the bed and sat on it. I watched Hikaru slept peacefully. Not long after she fell asleep, Minato arrived home. I then took my leave as Minato went to her room and slept beside his soon-to-be daughter. 'I wished I still have my family', I thought sadly and went home.

---

A/N: *I know that in the 1st chapter (Intro), I said that her hair was light blue. But I wrote raven in this story. Why? I'll explain in the following chapters. Stay tuned! Vote, Comment, Fan? :D