8. Getting To Know Each Other - Friendship and Rivalry Arises!

Once again, Hikaru was standing outside of Naruto's house. She had arrived an hour before the timing they had agreed upon. Hikaru knocked on the door, this time without any hesitation. She was actually feeling rather ecstatic. She couldn’t wait to re-introduce her two brothers. Sure, they had met before, a lot of times actually, up to when they were toddlers. But she doubted that they would remember one another. They were too young. Almost immediately, the door opened and Naruto jumped on her, engulfing her in a bear hug. "I'm ready to move!!!" Naruto exclaimed excitedly. A cheerful grin was plastered on his face. Hikaru couldn’t help but smile. He reminded her of her younger self, before all those heartbreaking incidents occurred. She was as jumpy and cheerful as him whenever Minato or Kakashi was around. She patted his blonde crown and started to walk to her apartment's direction, only to be stopped by Naruto. "Nee-chan, a little help here.." Naruto said with a smile and faint blush on his cheeks. She turned around and cocked her eyebrow at Naruto. Her gaze then fell on Naruto's belongings, causing her eyes to widen as she looked at Naruto with a stunned expression. Hikaru closed her eyes briefly and opened it again while shaking her head, trying to make sure that she was not seeing things. And she was not. A faint amused smile that was directed at Naruto painted her lips. Naruto had packed all his belongings in an enormous piece of cloth. She suspected that he just threw whatever he owned into the cloth, without even trying to arrange his stuff. Now, the cloth was stuck on his doorway since it was too gigantic. She pushed the cloth inside the house and walked in. She undid the knot on the cloth and took out all the content to re-pack everything. The size of the luggage decreased by three-quarter after she was done.

'Naruto sure have no idea on how to pack -_-', Hikaru thought with wry amusement as they started walking to the direction of their new apartment.

---

"Naruto, there will be someone else living with us" Hikaru said as they were nearing the new apartment.

"WHAT??? You're married?" Naruto screamed, his mouth hung open as he stared at her in shock.

"No. I'm not!" she replied. 'Why do kids these days think too far ahead in the wrong track? I guess kids matured too fast nowadays. Anyway, why do they always assume that living with someone means marrying? You can be house-mates with your friends, can't you?' she thought silently as she stared at Naruto. "Why do you think that I'm married?" she asked curiously.

"Because you have been away for five years. I thought that you have met someone and decided to come back to Konoha to settle down" Naruto said.

"Oh” she replied. That was a legit logical explanation. “Well, anyway, we are going to live with my brother" she said. Naruto then looked at her, confused.

"But.. I'm your brother.. Right..?" Naruto said, looking down. His lower lip jutted out slightly in a cute pout.

"It's my biological brother. You are my brother as well. My adoptive brother" Hikaru said, smiling at Naruto as she ruffled his blonde hair.

"Oh. I wonder how your brother looks like. He must be very handsome, because you are very pretty!" Naruto chirped happily. She blushed at what Naruto had said. Sure, a lot of people had said that she was pretty, but she always thought that they only said it to flatter her, as she was known as the fourth Hokage's daughter.

---

"OK. Here we are" Hikaru said to Naruto as they stood in front of the new apartment. Hikaru heard the door being unlocked and opened by Sasuke.

"YOU!!!" she heard Naruto and Sasuke both screamed at the same time as they pointed at each other. "NEE-CHAN! ARE YOU SERIOUS THAT WE ARE GOING TO LIVE WITH HIM???!!!" both Naruto and Sasuke yelled in unison, still pointing. She gave them the '-_-' look.

"Yes. Now you two better start getting along". Both Naruto and Sasuke protested, complained and whined, giving her a pounding head ache. She was still a little groggy from the insomnia she had suffered for the past five years. She finally had had enough and decided to stop their bickering by grabbing both their hands and dragged into the apartment and threw them onto the sofa. "Mokuton: restrain", she used her wood release. Tree branches appeared out of nowhere, tying Naruto and Sasuke's hands and legs. The woods also pushed them back further onto the sofa, rendering them immobile.

"Now the two of you will learn on how to get along" she said with an evil grin on her face. Both Naruto and Sasuke shuddered, their faces blanched. ‘I didn’t know she could be this scary!!!’ Both Naruto and Sasuke thought at the same time.

“I'll start with Sasuke. Sasuke, why don't you like Naruto?" Hikaru asked.

"Because he is very loud and he doesn't know how to shut up" Sasuke said.

"WHAT? YOU EMO BOY! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS TOO QUIET!" Naruto yelled, retaliating from Sasuke's comments.

"Naruto. Keep quiet. Listen to what he has to say. Don't interrupt until I said that you can talk" she glared at Naruto. Naruto shrunk on the sofa, terrified. Sasuke smirked at Naruto, only to gain the same evil glare from Hikaru. Sasuke kept quiet and looked down. "Ok. Now, Naruto. Why do you hate Sasuke?" she asked nicely.

"Because he is sooo emo" Naruto said, his face twisting into funny expressions, causing him to earn a death glare from Sasuke. The death glare did not affect Naruto at all. "He always acted as if he was sooo cool, when he’s not! AT ALL! And it’s so weird that the emo boy is sooo popular with girls!" Naruto continued as he spat out the last four words. She chuckled at Naruto’s comment. She knew that most Uchiha are good looking, but she had never thought that someone Sasuke’s age would have been able to attract the opposite sex to such extent. Looks like she has to keep an eye on his ‘good looking’ little brother.

"Ok. I know your problems" she said, undoing her Mokuton and set them free. The two of them scurried to sit at the opposite ends of the sofa.

"Sasuke, I know that Naruto is loud. Plus, he is also an attention seeker" she said calmly. Naruto looked like he was about to cry and Sasuke smirked. "But you have to know that it is because Naruto does not have any parents. His parents died the day he was born, sacrificing their lives for the village" she said. Sasuke's smirk disappeared and he looked at Naruto with concern. Naruto looked away. He hated whenever anyone mention about his parents' deaths. But he was happy that his parents were heroes. There was a small tug on the corners of Naruto's lips. He was proud of his parents who sacrificed their lives to protect the village that he loved very dearly. "Naruto, Sasuke is emo because of a similar reason. His parents were killed by his older brother when he was only eight" Hikaru said. Now it was Naruto's turn to look at Sasuke with concern. Sasuke glared at Hikaru angrily. He also hated the deaths of his parents to be brought up. He hated the loneliness he felt without them. And it also caused him to be furious. The incident always made his blood boil, each time he was reminded of it, he became more resolved in killing Itachi in the most painful and brutal manner possible. "Now I hope that the two of you can understand each others' conditions" Hikaru said.

"I understand.." the two of them said at the same time. They looked at one another in surprise.

"Ok. Good" she said cheerfully.

"Hn!" both of them snorted and looked away from one another. Hikaru grinned.

"Now, I'm sure that both of you are hungry. Let's go and buy some ingredients so that I can make you dinner" Hikaru said. Naruto and Sasuke nodded and followed after her to the market place to buy food supply.

---

A/N: comment. vote and fan!! :D