3. Memoirs of Yondaime Hokage

Normal P.O.V

The comfort that Kakashi gave her did not last long. The temporarily suppressed memories forced themselves back into her mind. She still remembered vividly the gory details that lead to the death of her beloved sensei and adopted father. She also remembered how he always took care of her when she was still a little girl. He was always there for her. Playing with her, teaching her stuffs. She could never forget the man who had made her who she was in the present days. She relived the heart-breaking day when the person she admired the most died.

*FLASHBACK*

As the day of Kushina’s labour came nearer, the third Hokage paid a visit to Minato's house. They discussed about placing Kushina in a safe house of unknown location to give birth, where only the third, his wife, a few ANBUs directly under his command and Minato knew. He strictly told Minato and Kushina not to inform anyone else about the location. As they conversed, Minato noticed that Hikaru was peeping from her bedroom door. He then suggested bringing her along, as she was very good at sealing technique and that she was pretty strong in battle, in case any emergencies aroused. When the third hesitated about it, Minato brought up that she was always brought along by Minato wherever he went and that she was always helpful to him. The third finally agreed with Minato's suggestion.

The delivery day had finally arrived. Hikaru was in the hideout with Minato and Kushina. Kushina was screaming on top of her lungs in pain and agony. 'I'll never have a baby -__- ' Hikaru thought, seeing the strong and tough Kushina screaming like it was the end of the world. She had never heard the woman screamed for goodness sake! Well, except for the times when she scolded Minato or screaming murders at Jiraiya for peeping.

Minato was very nervous seeing his wife in pain. He had been in a lot of missions and battles with her. He had seen her wounded. He had seen her in her worst conditions, but those times had never accounted for her to scream this loud with so much agony. He couldn't concentrate on keeping the seal so Hikaru was in charge. He was too busy panicking about the pain his wife felt. The third Hokage's wife, Biwako yelled at Minato. "She's fine! Keep your eyes on the seal. Good lord you're the fourth Hokage! This is why women have babies. You men can't handle the pain!" she bellowed as she ranted about how men are useless and they can’t take any pain. Hikaru couldn't help but to chuckle on the statement, agreeing with the Biwako. Minato seemed oblivious to the rant as he was still panicking about Kushina.

After long agonizing hours, Kushina finally gave birth to Naruto. Minato cried happy tears. He had never felt so happy and content in his life. He was finally a father! Although Hikaru is his daughter, she was more like a baby sister than a daughter. Hikaru matured too fast for her age. As he was busy cooing at Naruto, Hikaru giggled at his reaction. Minato often showed his soft and playful side, but this is the first time Hikaru ever saw him being this goofy. 'Tou-chan can be so sensitive at times', she thought, smiling to herself as she saw that Minato’s cheek was still stained by his happy tears. After calming down from his high, Minato tried to re-seal the kyuubi completely. Hikaru held Naruto in her arm, cooing at him. No wonder her tou-chan was being so goofy. This baby is so cute! She was very happy that she had another baby brother. She was definitely going to make Sasuke and Naruto be friends! Suddenly, she heard a loud dull thud. She whipped her head back quickly only to find out that Biwako and her assistant were lying limply on the ground. She then saw a masked man trying to grab Naruto from her. She jumped away from the man to create some distance and took out her kunai. She threw it at him. He dodged her kunai with ease, as if he was dodging paper balls thrown by a baby. She was shocked. Her kunai throwing skills exceed the skills of some ANBUs despite of her young age. She alternated her option and drew her katana, ready to charge at him. She charged and slashed it vertically across his shoulder blade. She was very sure that she saw her blade slashing the man, however, her sense of feel told her that her blade had only slashed the air. She gaped in shock for a moment. She quickly rearranged her emotion. Before she could turn around to launch another attack, he kicked her to the other side of the room and took Naruto from her.