26. Kurenai's Party Preparation

All of them had finally reached Konoha. Hikaru saw Genma sleeping inside one of the guard booth, Izumo and Kotetsu were chatting around, waiting for their shifts to end.

"Hey guys, welcome back" Izumo greeted as he saw Hikaru and Kakashi.

"How's mission?" Kotetsu asked.

"Best mission I've ever been so far!" Naruto said, half-yelling.

"One of the worst" Kakashi muttered under his breath.

"Why so?" Kotetsu asked Kakashi, paying Naruto no attention. Naruto was just going to explain all the details of the mission anyway, and Kotetsu was not really interested.

Kakashi sighed and answered, "bed-ridden for about 1 week"

"Haha! The famous Kakashi Hatake was roughed up! How many people you fought, 10?" Genma suddenly joined in. Genma talked in a sarcastic manner as if he was pissed off with Kakashi.

"No. Technically, just one" Kakashi said.

"Are you two enemies?" Sasuke suddenly blurted out.

"Uh? I have no enemies in this village" Kakashi said as he smiled under his mask.

"He's jealous" Izumo said.

"Huh?" Naruto asked, completely lost. Well, everyone was lost, including Hikaru and Kakashi.

"Kakashi has more fangirl than Genma" Kotetsu said.

Genma growled in irritation. "Yeah. I lost to a man who wore a mask all the time, and all girls always assume that he was very handsome" Genma said as he got out of the booth and ready to leave.

"Well, that's the reason he wore the mask" Hikaru muttered silently as Genma shot her an irritated look. "I'm just saying" she said as she looked innocently at Genma. He then sighed irritably.

"I bet he used a genjutsu to fool you" Genma said as he approaches her.

"I'm a genjutsu expert here" she said as she waved her hand over his face.

"You probably let your guard down around him, as he's your comrade, your brother.." Genma said as he walked closer to her. "Don't be fooled, Karu" Genma said as he tucked a lose strand of hair behind her ear. She slapped his hand and pushed him back.

"Don't get too close to me and don't call me Karu" she said as she looked him with an icy cold murderous look. "Don't push it too far" she added.

Hikaru hated being called 'Karu' if it was not Kakashi who called her that because of a few reasons. One: It reminded her of her past, mostly about the 4th Hokage, as he too always calls her Karu. Two: Guys like to call her that to try to get closer to her so that they can put their hands on her pants. She really hated fanboys and perverts. Three: If a guy other than Kakashi called her 'Karu', she would remember about Orochimaru, about how she was once taught by him and how he had used her as his human experiment. Orochimaru had almost used her to kill the 4th Hokage. Until now, she would still shiver at the thought of it, shivering in fear and anger, and other undescribed emotions she felt at the thought of almost being used to kill her own adoptive father. She also felt the feeling of disgust as up until now, she still respected Orochimaru and regard him as her sishou. Regarding him as her sensei is bad enough, but she still respected the snake sage as her master, someone who could control her fully. It was like Orochimaru had indoctrinated. She felt disgusted and angry not only to Orochimaru, but towards herself. Four: She does not  get comfortable around people easily, as it is hard for her to let people in to her life, due to the many losses she had suffered. So, she preferred to distance herself from others until she trust them completely. So basically she does not like people who are being overly friendly with her.