29. Chuunin Exam Preparation - Konoha's Defence

Tenzo disappeared without a trace after conveying the message to Hikaru that the Hokage wanted to see her.

"Geez! What does that Geezer wants meeting nee-chan at this hour! It is 7 for goodness' sake! It's time to rest and relax!" Naruto shouted. Hikaru then chuckled at his behavior.

"It must be something important then" she told Naruto. "You guys go home first. I may or may not go home so just lock up and don't wait for me" she told Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto and Sasuke then walked away to go home.

"I wonder what he wants. Naruto has a point" Kakashi said.

"It's about grouping the ANBU" Tenzo said.

"He wants Hikaru to group them, eh?" Kakashi asked, well stated.

'Why does the Hokage wants Hikaru to group them? She was not in the ANBU anymore. She wouldn't know their abilities', Amaya questioned herself silently.

---

-ANBU headquarter-

"Ah. Hikaru. You're finally here" the Hokage said as he smiled at her.

"Should I get started?" she asked.

"Sure" the Hokage said. "Listen to what the Blue Rose commanded you to do. You have to obey her words for the next 2 hours" the Hokage said.

"Alright. Listen up. I want all of you to spread around the room and give yourselves equal distances from one another" Hikaru said. They followed what she said. She then made 127 kegebunshins, the exact number as the ANBU present before her. "Attack me with your killing intent. Do not hesitate. Use your best jutsu or you won't survive" she told them.

"Fight" the Hokage commanded. You and the ANBU members fought.

---

-1 hour after the 'fight'-
Hikaru had made most of the ANBU surrendered willingly, knowing that they had zero chance of winning. She then placed them into groups. "Good enough, Hokage-sama?" she asked. The Hokage then looked towards Amaya. She nodded silently in shock.

'How could she? It has been only 1 hour and she had found out each member's strengths and weaknesses. I know that she knew some of them, but the new ones? And she detected the types correctly. She had managed to put an offensive, defensive, sensor/strategist/medic and another offensive/defensive depending on the members accurately. The strength of each groups are almost equal to one another as well. Just what the hell is she? Is she even a human? How could she lost to the masked man and failed to stop Uchiha Itachi?', Amaya questioned herself. The Hokage looked like he understand her thoughts.

"Hikaru is a genius. She can process information faster than most people. And she's very experienced in placing shinobi into squads to ensure highest chance of survival of each member. She's done it countless of times" the Hokage said proudly.

"Ano.. She told me about the Uchiha clan incident" Amaya told him.

"Oh" the Hokage said emotionlessly.

"The masked man.. how could he defeated her?" Amaya asked.

"Maybe he's an experienced shinobi whose abilities is equal to the kages. Minato fought him and they almost ended up in a tie" the Hokage said.

"If such dangerous person is targeting Konoha, we must strengthen our defences" she said.

"That's why I'm regrouping the ANBU members. And I've also strengthen our diplomatic relations with other shinobi countries. In an event of crisis, I hope that they would help us out" the Hokage said.

'So measures had been taken', Amaya thought.

"Amaya-taicho and myself will be guarding the Hokage" Hikaru said.

"And during the event of the Chuunin exam, I want Namikaze-taicho to temporarily take over the duty of being a captain" the Hokage announced. "Is that ok, captain Amaya?" the Hokage asked.

"Hai" she replied.

"Alright. All if you are dismissed until further notice" the Hokage said. All the ANBU bowed and left.

---

A/N: A short, maybe bridging chapter. :D

comment, vote, fan? possibly? :D