30. An Outing Which Turns Into A Date?

"Hikaru, is there anything you want to discuss with me?" Amaya asked after the rest of the ANBUs had left.

"No. I still do not know the condition and environment, so it's hard to plot a strategy" she told her.

"Alright then. Say, you want to hang out somewhere? Girls' outing?" Amaya asked.

"Sure" Hikaru said as she smiled at her.

"Hikaru is a girl?" Kakashi asked in mock surprise. She then slapped him in the arm.

"Shut up" Hikaru muttered.

"I thought that you stopped being a girl, say 2 years ago?" he asked with a chuckle.

"You're only 20?" Amaya asked in surprise. Hikaru nodded her head slightly.

"Uh-huh" she replied a little shyly.

"Wow. I thought you're older" Amaya said.

"I look old?" she asked, feigning hurt.

"No. I mean you're the previous captain.. You were 15 when you became the captain?" Amaya asked in shock.

"She was 10" Kakashi said. Amaya then stared at her wide-eyed.

"Wow" she managed.

"Urm.. Let's go on our outing, shall we? I don't want Kashi-nii to keep on teasing me" Hikaru said as she walked beside Amaya.

"But you're fun to tease" Kakashi said cheerfully.

"Shut up" Hikaru said, blushing slightly. She did not mind Kakashi teasing her, in fact, she actually like it. But Hikaru did not feel comfortable when Kakashi teased her in public.

"Anyway, Amaya-kun, if she does not behave like a lady, don't be surprised. She was always mistaken for a boy until she was 12, before she grow her hair" Kakashi said, still in his teasing tone.

"Am I really that fun to tease?" Hikaru asked Kakashi, faking her fury.

"You looked cute when you blush. So yeah. It's very fun" Kakashi said as he smiled at her. Hikaru then grabbed Amaya's hand and dragged her out of the ANBU headquarter. Kakashi was too playful today. Not that she minded, but it was weird having him show other this side of him to people other than her.

---

Kakashi's P.O.V

As I teased Hikaru, I could see that she was starting to smile genuinely again. I was glad that she could cheer up a little. It kinda bring back memories when I teased her. I remembered her chasing after me and Minato-sensei after we teased her, while setting traps here and there as part of training. It was fun. I knew that I was smiling stupidly to myself. Luckily, I wore my mask so Tenzo could only see the amusement in my eyes, not in my entire facial expression. "Kakashi-senpai?" he asked slowly.

"Huh? I was just remembering some old stuff" I said. I really sounded like an old man. Not that I care.

"You sounded like an old man.." Tenzo muttered in a very soft whisper.

"I know" I replied. Tenzo was used to my 'freaky' hearing abilities, so he was not shocked that I caught what he had said.

"Anyway, it's rare that you showed your playful side.." Tenzo said.

"Yeah. I needed to cheer her up, and it helped. So why not?" I said. "You want to stalk the girls?" I asked him.

"Stalk..?" he asked, unsure. "Erm. wouldn't we get killed?" Tenzo asked again.

"Nope. She won't kill me at least" I said, flashing a brilliant smile, under my mask of course.

"Right.. You get away from it and I'll get killed.."Tenzo said.