9. Mutual Obliviousness

When she arrived at the market, she bought the ingredients to make onigiri. 'Sasuke's favourite', she thought, smiling. She knew that Naruto likes onigiri as well, basically, Naruto likes just almost every kind of food, except for vegetables. After she purchased what she needed, the three of them headed home.

She immediately made 10 onigiris. After she finished making them, Naruto ate 5 of them in the speed of light. He finished eating them just before she and Sasuke could take the onigiris. She sighed and smiled at Naruto. 'Yellow Flash', she mused. Naruto is just so cute at times. He then got exhausted as he ate too much and began to fall asleep. She finished her onigiri and carried Naruto to his room. Gosh! Was he heavy. He was heavy for his age and height. She then came back to the kitchen and sat beside Sasuke who had eaten all the onigiri left. She then made some more onigiri and offered them to Sasuke. He declined as he was too full and he decided to go and sleep as well. She then packed the 5 onigiri she just made into a lunch box and headed towards Kakashi's house.

When she stepped out of her front door, she felt a chakra presence belonging to none other than her favourite and dearest silver haired shinobi. "Hey Kashi-nii. I was just about to go to your place", she smiled at him.

"Oh. Really? Well then, shall we just go together?" he asked her sweetly.

"Sure" she replied. The two of them then walked towards Kakashi's apartment without saying a word. The two of them always enjoy the comfortable silence and each others' presence. Kakashi's presence alone could make her forget about her worst nightmare. He always ease her mind. Without realizing, the two of them now stood in front of Kakashi's apartment door. He then unlocked his door and let her in.

She went to his kitchen and opened the lunch box, revealing the onigiris she had packed earlier. Kakashi smiled from behind his mask. He then sat beside her and took off his mask. 'Finally! No more stupid mask!', she thought and grinned cheerfully. She always hated his mask. The stupid mask hid his extremely handsome face. She looked up at him, seeing his now uncovered face. 'Wow. He is so handsome. He probably looked more handsome than he had been 5 years ago..' she then looked away from him, avoiding his gaze. "Urm.. let's eat these onigiris" she said, shoving the lunch box towards Kakashi. She ate silently as she stole glances at him. She had seen his face without the goddamn mask countless of times before, but his handsome face never cease to amaze her. She sighed silently. She and him could never be together.

Kakashi's P.O.V

I took off my mask as I got ready to eat. Hikaru's onigiri is the best. Well, her cookings are very delicious. She would be a very good house wife. Well, she would never be one. She loved being a kunoichi. I sat down on the chair. I could swear that Hikaru stared at me for a moment, and then looked away and offered me the onigiri she made. Was it just me or did she really stare at me? Maybe she forgot what I looked like. It had been 5 years. Oh well. I ate the onigiri silently. As I ate, I noticed that Hikaru stole glances to look at me. Was there something on my face? I must be imagining things. There is no way she would do that. "Thanks for the onigiri" I said to her after eating 4 of them.

"Sure" Hikaru said, smiling at me. I smiled back. I could have sworn that I saw a faint blush on her face. I looked at her, confused. Her face turned redder.

"Are you having a fever, Karu?" I asked her, concerned.

"Uh? Wha..? Oh, no, Kashi-nii, I'm f-fine" she said, looking away and taking her lunch box.

"Are you sure? Your cheeks are red" I stated.

"Uh? R-re-reall-lly..?" she stuttered. How cute.

"Yeah" I said, touching her cheeks. She turned even redder. She suddenly trembled and fell. Before she could land on the ground, I caught her, placing one hand on her arm and the other around her waist. She turned even redder, just like a ripe tomato. She then burried her face on my chest.