41. Chuunin Exam - 1 Month Break: Battle Preparation

The four corners of the forest which would be used for training had been marked by a kunai. Each kunai are connected to the next by scribbles of an ancient shinobi language which is the formula to create a barrier. Genma had arrived shortly after Hikaru and company decided on which type of barrier to be used. Kakashi, Tenzo, Amaya and Genma crouched down in front of each kunai while Hikaru was standing right at the center of the square, which was marked by a slightly different ancient formula. Hikaru then embedded her katana on the ground, right at the center of the square. The ancient scribbles grew red and the five shinobis focused their chakra on the kunai or katana.

Sauke averted his gaze from the rock he just crushed towards the forest, as he saw red glow originated from said location. Suddenly, the forest trees seemed to have disappeared. "Wha.." he started in utter shock. After there is a blue glow illuminating from the ancient scribbles, the forest trees returned to its original state. 'Oh, the barrier', Sasuke thought to himself as he carried on with his training.

---

Hikaru walked out of the barrier without any problem, as the barrier set was a one-sided barrier. Those inside the barrier can get out of it normally, but those from the outside would have to be 'marked' before entering the barrier. Those without a mark can still enter the place, but they will be trapped under a genjutsu which would teleport them further into the forest. People outside of the barrier are unable to see what is inside or feel any chakra presence coming from the area enclosed by the barrier. "Tenzo, I leave it to you to take care of the trees" Hikaru said as she walked past him. Tenzo nodded as he entered the forest to use his mokuton jutsu to temporarily store the trees underground.

"He's gonna collapse from exhaustion" Amaya said as she looked at the size of the training area.

"That's why I have a chakra IV drip" Genma said with an award-winning grin. Amaya giggled at Genma's behavior.

"What time did you guys order the rest to come for the training?" Hikaru asked.

"A little after noon. They should start arriving in about 10 minutes" Genma said. True to his word, the trainees started arriving at the high planes in said timing.

---

"ANBU members, please stand near Amaya-taicho and the rest, stand near Genma-san" Hikaru ordered. The start of the training had been scheduled at arounf 1 PM, and all the members had been on time. There was a total of 367 Chuunin or Tokubetsu Jonin present, and all the ANBU members which consist of exactly 127 personnel. Hikaru then nodded to Amaya, signalling her to check on the ANBU members, to make sure that all of them are the real ones, not a spy in disguise.

Amaya and Tenzo worked together in checking on the ANBU members. After they had confirmed that all the members are the real ones, Amaya produced a stamp and placed a seal on the ANBU members, to enable them to enter the training areas. Since Genma knew most of the Chuunins and Tokubetsu Jonins, he was in charge of grouping and taking datas of the shinobis. Genma was aided by Izumo and Kotetsu in checking on the trainees.Once a person had passed for inspection, they were stamped and allowed to get into the training area.

---

"Alright! All ANBU members follow Amaya-taicho and Tenzo. The rest, please step forward. Genma will arrange your positions according to your chakra nature" Hikaru said. All ANBU members and Chuunins plus Tokubetsu Jonin proceeded to move to their respective positions. After a few minutes of sorting out everyone's locations, the trainees were ready to be trained.

Ibiki had requested Hikaru to allow him to select a few shinobi to be trained for interrogation. Since there would be foreign shinobi attacking Konoha, intel division need to be strengthen for more efficiency in gathering data that may be crucial for the survival of the village and reduce shinobi casualties.