31. The Morning After

Hikaru woke up with the worst hangover she has ever had in her life. Well, it was the second time she had a hangover. The last one was caused by Jiraiya. He forced her to drink as he thought that sje did not want to drink because she was an extremely uptight, 'prim-and-proper' taicho. She was lucky that Kakashi happened to finish his mission early and joined her, so that he was able to carry her home. She finished her mission the next day in just 1 hour, while killing 50 Kumo ninjas that crossed the fire country border to carry out their spying mission.

As Hikaru stumbled out of her bed, her bedroom door was opened. You ignored whoever stood on her doorway as she thought that it was only Naruto who was going to chat with her.

"Bad hangover?" a voice that she recognized too well asked.

"Never felt worse in my life" she replied quietly as she massaged her scalp gently.

"Here. Drink this" Kakashi handed her a glass of water and a pill that looked like an aspirin.

"Arigato" she replied as she took the glass and pill from Kakashi.

"Are you still going for the training exercise?" he asked. His tone showed concern and a tint of disapproval was heard.

"Yeah.. I told you last night.." she answered.

"Ok then. Shall I wait for you downstairs?" he asked.

"Yep. Give me 10 minutes" she told him as she entered the bathroom.

---

-At ANBU headquarters-

"Let's start the exercise. Each team please queue up to enter the genjutsu simulation room" Hikaru told the ANBUs. Hikaru and the 3rd Hokage had set up the simulation room the day before. As each team entered the simulation, she took notes of their performance and began to place each team at a specific location. After she had done allocating the teams at their respective positions, she consulted the Hokage about her decision. The 3rd gave her the green light, telling her to carry out the remaining exercise.

Hikaru told the teams to get to their positions and asked Naruto to create kage bunshin to carry out his pranks all over the village. The ANBU teams were able to track down and stopped Naruto's clones, which showed that her allocation was pretty accurate.

"I think I'm done with the allocation" Hikaru told the 3rd.

"Alright. You may take your leave" the Hokage said.

As Hikaru exited the ANBU headquarter, Kakashi walked beside her, Tenzo following him. "So, where are our location?" Kakashi asked.

"Kashi-nii will stay hidden among the spectator. You, Tenzo will stay hidden, watching and protecting the Hokage" Hikaru said.

"Sounds good" Kakashi said, ending the conversation. He knew that Hikaru was still having a bad hangover, hence he did not want to talk to much to worsen her hangover. Sometimes she felt very lucky that Kakashi knew her very well. He always seemed to be able to know how she feel and what she hoped people will do. At other times, she was very worried that Kakashi may know how she really feel. She did not want Kakashi to know as she did not want her relationship with him to be awkward. Hikaru was happy enough to be able to stay close to Kakashi. She was happy that he trusted her more that anyone else that was still alive.

Hikaru then walked home as Kakashi had a solo mission to complete. The genins of team 7 had just came back from a simple D-rank mission. Hikaru saw them on the way home. She decided to stay hidden and listened to their conversation.

"Sasuke-kun, wait! How about we work on our team work? Just the two of us?" Sakura asked flirtatiously. Hikaru stifled back her laughter at Sakura's fail attempt on flirting.

"You're the same as Naruto" Sasuke said coldly. "If you have the time to bother me, go practice a jutsu or two" He continued, walking away. "Frankly, your ability is below Naruto" he said as he disappeared, turning in a corner. Hikaru felt like laughing but she controlled herself. What Sasuke said was true. But he shouldn't have been so harsh on a girl. Hikaru then decided to teach Sakura a couple of genjutsu techniques. After all, Hikaru know how it felt having an unrequited love.

---

"Hey, Sakura" Hikaru waved at her cheerfully after the boys had gone home. Sakura forced a smile and waved back at Hikaru. "Any plans today?" Hikaru asked. Sakura shook her head. "Good. I want to teach you a couple of genjutsu" Hikaru told her. Sakura's lips twitched upwards, smiling slightly. "Follow me" Hikaru said as she walked to the training grounds with her.

---

"First of all, imagine a complex situation with dead end" Hikaru told Sakura. "After you done so, make the basic handsign for genjutsu and direct your chakra flow to both your hands and brain at the same time" Hikaru explained. She then watched Sakura practicing genjutsu. Hikaru sat down, leaning on a tree. As Hikaru was drifting off to sleep, Sakura opened her mouth to talk.

"Hikaru-san, how to have so many guys falling for you?" she asked quietly.

"Wear revealing clothes and flirt with them nonstop" Hikaru answered lightly. Sakura's mouth gaped open.

"You mean dress up like a slut?" she asked in disbelieve. Hikaru nodded your head slowly, an amused smile painted her lips.

"That's if you want MANY guys to fall for you. If you want your dream man to fall for you, you have to earn it" Hikaru said. Sakura was listening intently. "You would have to work to earn their respect" she continued. "As in Sasuke's case, you would have to prove him that you are a strong kunoichi who's worth his time" Hikaru told her softly. Sakura then nodded her head with a smile, content with the advice. She then walked towards Hikaru and sat beside her.

"So.. Can I asked about how your love life's going?" she asked hopefully, probably in for some gossip.

"Nothing special. Never had a boyfriend" Hikaru told her. Sakura's eyes widened in surprise.

"How can that happen?" She asked. "You are like nominated as the 'prettiest', 'hottest' and 'the most dateable kunoichi in Konoha' in the Konoha gossip girl's magazine!" she said excitedly.

"We have a gossip magazine?" Hikaru asked. Sakura stared at her in disbelieve. "Kakashi's right. I wouldn't be able to pass as a normal girl" Hikaru muttered darkly. Sakura then giggled at her words.

"So why don't you have a boyfriend?" she asked, curious.

"He doesn't like me the way I love him" Hikaru told her, eyes reflecting pain.

"He must be blind not to like you" Sakura said, trying to lightened up the mood. Hikaru then smiled, remembering that Kakashi only had one visible eye.

"Probably. He's half blind" Hikaru laughed softly. Sakura then laughed as well. "I'm going home now. Practice the genjutsu I taught you. You are at the right direction. You just need to refine your skill" Hikaru told Sakura as she smiled.

"Hai, Hikaru-sensei" she smiled. Hikaru then stood up and walked home, leaving Sakura to train on her own.