52: Lifeguard

Shawns POV:
  "Quick! Everyone stand back," I shouted while motioning my arms around.
I didn't quite get the best look right at first. My head leaned down, ear up against her chest to hear her heart. It beat. My hand moved the damp hair from her face and then went to pinch her nose. Ever so carefully, her lips.. I carefully brushed them with mine and blew in.
1
2
3
Again.
1
2
3
Again.
1
2..
She woke.
  Gasping for air she jumped up and took hold of my shoulder. Then I saw.. the most beautiful woman in all of my 21 years of living.
  "Wh-" she began.
I cut her off, "are you ok?"
  She nodded, "I didn't- I guess.. I'm just not the best at swimming." She chuckled with a harsh rasp in her throat.
  "Ma'am, I'm going to have to get you an ambulance to drain all the fluid from your lungs but don't worry hun, everything is going to me alright." I stated.
  I didn't even notice how that whole time I was cupping her cheek and looking nowhere else but her beautiful, piercing eyes. In only a few minutes, I've saved a life.. and fallen in love. Never did I believe in love at first sight.. but this made me crazy. As if this could all happen again and I could touch those sweet lips once more.
  "Y/n," she breathed out when I began handing the other lifeguard my phone to call for help.
  "I'm sorry?"
  "I'm Y/n." She said once more
  I sat her up and wrapped a towel around her, that was conveniently lying on the for hot sand nearby, to keep dry.
  "Nice to meet you Y/n, I'm Shawn."
  Looking back on it I just realized how much of a dork I must I've looked like while grinning there like that.
  "You saved my life," she smirked.
  "Just so you know.. I would've done it even if I wasn't a life guard."
  She smiled so bright and even her pink cheeks bagan to glow.
  "I would tell you to stop talking to keep your chest from hurting cause' of all of the liquids.. but please never shut up. Your voice-" I smiled proudly.
-
  Soon the paramedics showed up and as they were pulling here into the back, she stopped.
  "Shawn, I might not can swim, I might hate the sand, and don't even get me started on- on this heat. But I'll come back every day if it means I get to see you."
  You could hear the heavy pain in her throat.
  "Maybe I could teach you sometime." I grinned.
  "Maybe, and if this does happen again.. at least I'll get those lips again." She confidently chuckled.
  "Yah. Maybe hm."
   "Maybe." She smiled as she was lifted up into the ambulance.
  "Mendes, Shawn Mendes. Don't forget, ok?"
   She smiled once more, "maybe Mendes.. maybe."
  And soon the doors shut.
•••
Look who is alive after so long! Guys I missed writing so much. Writing has always been a huge part of me but I have been so busy! Chaos has been everywhere just know that I'm back and I love each and every little one of you! Ah! This has been a big incredible book and so many stories too it that I might just make a second one! A PART TWO! Stay tuned biiiitchhhesss! Lol😘