43: Backstage

This was a request by the lovely CanadianAngel17! Shes the cutie in the lovely pic up there!! So yea.. hope you enjoy. Also, if you want your own personalized story, I have a page on here dedicated to requests and I have it titled as '《.*•R•E•Q•U•E•S•T•S•*.》' & that's all I have to say about that. Here we go..
•••
Hannah's POV
•••
My unsteady hands shook uncontrollably as I fiddled with the pass around my neck.
It took me an unreasonable amount of time in the bathroom that morning. I made sure my teeth were brushed thoroughly, my hair combed nice and neat. Not a single thing out of place.
After all of that preparation, I couldn't help but wonder if he would like me or not. What if he hated me?
The room wasn't even hot, but I felt a few beads of sweat form on my forehead.
A nervous wreck, I was.
My head constantly rehearsed and rehearsed what my mouth was going to say. My mouth wobbled and struggled to hold itself together as I practiced the words aloud.
Almost there.
I noticed a developed pattern of the way he would look at them. First their eyes.. then he would pull them in. He would call them hunny, pose for a pic, and then off to the next.
The line started moving.
Only two more in front of me and then it would be my turn.
My freshly pink painted toenails from this morning curled in my shoes.
I reached my hand into my pocket to apply my favourite chapstick to my shaky lips.
What was I so nervous for? He was a living, breathing human just like me. Just like everyone else there. I could do that.
The last girl finally moved along.. so I marched my way up to him.
I didn't realize it at first.. but the pattern seemed to have broken.
He did look into my eyes.. but didn't stop. He kept starring.
"Hi" he spoke with a smile tugging at his lips.
Then I noticed his hands were shaky as well. They pulled me in.
"Twinning." He chuckled while tugging on my jacket.
I eyed him with a confused expression, "Wha-"
"I'm wearing denim too," he chuckled, "N-nevermind. Sorry, that was a bit dumb."
I smiled and took hold of the ends of my jean fabric. "It's- It's okay."
Our cheeks shared a moment of bright pink glow.
"What's your name, darling?" He asked me.
Not hunny.. 'darling'.
"Hannah." I said.
"That's a very special name." He mumbled with a toothy grin, looking down.
"Thank you."
He leaned his figure closer to mine as I did mine to his.
My lips held together the brightest smile they could as the camera man snapped the photo.
•••
Shawn's POV
•••
I couldn't stop thinking back to her. Her eyes.. her smile. Something about her just stood out from all the rest. Like the moon compared to the rest of the whole night sky.
Too bad it was over..
Too bad I made a fool of myself.
That God awful joke about our matching denim coats. Bet she thought I was a weirdo.
I wish I could've said more. I wish I had more time to look at her soft eyes or hear her adorable, little laugh.
"What are you smiling at?" My manager, Andrew, poked while I walked down to the Q&A lounge.
"Nothin'" I shrug.
"Sure, kid."
I tried to hold back the burst of energetic excitment she brought me.. but it was no use.
"Her name is Hannah."
He tilted his head and smiled. "Knew it."
I shook my head with a little smirk as I walked through the doors. The same cheers, the same smiles.
My eyes scanned over the crowd in front of me. Too many people.. I couldn't find her.
Question after question.
I barely remember the hands that soared up. I sort of remember what they had asked. Me looking over for one last person to call on before I went to go preform was a foggy blur.. but I'll never remember who the last question was from.
I remember the eyes.
The jacket..
"Hannah?"
That same smile grew back onto her face, as mine did too. "I remember you."
"Really?"
"Yea!" I said, "How could I forget? You're beautiful."
Those mesmerizing, blushy cheeks began to sparkle under the heavy light once more.
"No- I- no.." she stammars.
"Don't even think about denying it, Hannah." I tease. "Ya know what, put your hand down. I have a question for you."
Her teeth teasingly tugged at her lips from curiosity. "Alrighty then, Mendes. Hit me."
I cleared my throat.
"Will you meet me behind the stage right after I close up this Q&A?"
We both looked around the room full of light cheers and open jaws.
Finally, she looked at me and nodded.
Once again, I couldn't contain my happiness. I let it leak out.. all over. Leaving me in a stupid, happy grin.
•••
Hannah's POV
•••
Even though it had just happened right in front of my eyes.. I didn't think it.. well.. actually happened.
My happy feet tried their hardest not to run, but to calmly strut their way backstage.
They stopped in their tracks when they recognize his fluffy, brown hair.
He was wrapped in a white tee, black jeans, and dark boots with a guitar hanging from his back.
"Hey-" I lightly called from behind.
He turned around with his charming, beaming glow.
"Hey!"
"So, what did you need me back here for?" I innocently questioned as he took me by my hands.
"I think I may sorta kinda maybe-ish have a thing for you." He teased.
I chuckled. "Why?"
"Endless amount of reasons that I don't really have time to explain. Gotta get out there on stage."
I stared down at the sandles strapped to my feet.
"But- I might just have enough time to do this-" he started.
Before I could even think of something to say, he lifted my chin up and pulled me in for a passionate kiss.
Slowly, he pulled away and smiled.
"Will I see you again after the show?" I asked.
He shakes his head, "I don't think so, beautiful. Maybe not for a long time.."  he sadly spoke.
"Well, then I guess I'll have to make this one count." I stood up on the top of my toes and pulled his lips down to meet mine, once more.