44: Break Me

Y/n's POV
•••
I peer through the rising smoke stacks that cloud through our broken home.
"Darling!" His voice mocks from the other room.
"Yes, hu-" he cuts me off.
"Where can a man like myself get something to eat around here?"
"I-I.. it's still cooking."
"But I'm hungry, now." He speaks, softly.
"I-"
"Make it cook faster!" He demands while smashing the decorative plate onto the cold tile.
My hands cup, folding over my mouth. "That was my great grandmother's you prick!"
Two of his fingers pinch around the dusty cigarette that he held in his mouth, dipping it into the ash tray.
"Well I suggest you clean it up then."
I drag my sorry self to the pantry where we kept our broom and dust pan.. then back to the shattered plate.
My eyes dart down to the pain as he stomps his boot on my hand, pushing it down into the glass shards.
"Get off!" I demand.
"Why should I? I'm just an old prick!"
He lifts his shoe from my now swollen and cut hand, then kicks me in the face.. pushing me back.
Hovering over my deranged figure, he takes the lighter from his pocket and another cigarette. I try my best to move, but the movement was too quick that I nearly fainted.
"Do you think-" he takes a puff, "if I were to-" he blows out, " put this against your pretty little face-" "do you.. do you think it would hurt?"
I say nothing
He slams my head back against the floor with the palm of his hand wrapping my face. "Why don't you answer me?"
The lit part of his cigarette grazes the cold skin on my face.
Wailing in pain, I scream.. I cry. No one to hear.
It presses harder against me.
With all of my might, I try to kick him off. No use, he's just to strong.
"Come on, apologize to me and I can make this pain go away."
Before I'm even able to respond, he lowers his grab down to my throat.
He pulls away, slapping my cheek where the burn mark remains.
"Just fuckin with ya." He chuckles.
As he walks away, I take the cigarette from the floor and toss it onto the couch.
I don't care if I don't make it out alive this time.. as long as he doesn't either.
•••
❤ Abuse is no joke and this was NOT and I repeat NOT meant to beautify abuse or to pick on anyone who has to deal with abuse. My heart goes out to anyone dealing with abuse and/or to anyone who knows someone who is dealing with abuse. No matter if it's sexual abuse or just straight up violence.. nobody deserves to be put through that pain. You should speak to a close one or someone who specializes in treatment for this kind of behaviour. A police officer, a trusted friend, a trusted adult, parent/guardian. You will never ever be alone, no matter how many people have made you feel that way. I love you guys with my whole heart and my dms will always be open if you need to talk. ❤
🇨🇦Canada abuse hotline: (877-995-5247)
🇺🇸America abuse hotline: (1-800-799-7233)