3: Best Friend's Brother

Y/N's POV
•••
"Just sit your bags in the living room." Aaliyah says while closing the front door behind me.
I make my way to the large room decorated with a sofa, a flat screen television, and a half nude muscular figure lying on the loveseat.
"Shawn, get some clothes on! Y/n doesn't want to see that!" Aaliyah shouts in disgust.
I pretend to be disturbed by plastering a grossed out expression upon my crimson face
"Liyah, I have underwear on. It's basically a swimsuit. Never seen a swimsuit before?" He snarks while devouring another handful of popcorn.
"You're sick. Let's go to my room, y/n." She says while taking hold of my arm and pulling me upstairs.
We make our way into her cozy bedroom.
She boosted herself onto her soft bed decorated with pillows.
"Sit." She demands while patting the empty seat next to her.
"Ok, now can we talk about how hot Cameron Dallas looks holding this puppy!?" She squeals while holding up her newest subscription magazine.
I nod in pretend agreement.
Sure, he was.. alright. But I already had the number one spot in my heart filled. I knew if liyah were to find out.. it would kill her.
I think I'm in love with Shawn.
The way his eyes sparkled in every light, how I would die over every single joke he told..
"My mom's home. She just texted that she needs my help bringing in the groceries. I'll be right back." She says while dropping the magazine on the carpet.
I make my way into their kitchen to get a bottle of water to clench my thirst.
I stopped in my tracks when I noticed Shawn in there as well.
Trying to ignore him, I swing open the fridge and try to reach for the bottled water sitting on the highest shelf.
"Need help?" He asks while grabbing one for me.
"T-thanks." I stutter and begin to blush.
"Anytime." He says with a toothy grin.
The butterflies begin swarming back around in my twisted tummy.
"Y/n?" He hums out.
"Yea?"
"I know you like me, darling." He blurts out.
"Wha- huh? N-no I don't! Ew!" I lie.
Never have I ever been a good liar. I don't know why I thought I'd be a good one now.
He smirks.
"Maybe.. ok maybe I do.. a little. Just don't tell liyah!" I loudly whisper.
"I wont tell." He says.
"Thank you, s-" he cuts me off.
"If-" he begins.
"If what?" I ask.
"If you agree to go on a date with me." He says while raising his eyebrow.
"Shawn.. are you serious?"
He nods, not breaking contact.
"Shawn, I'm just a kid and you're twenty!" I whisper aloud again
"Nothing sexual or romantic. Just dinner." He states.
"I don't know.." I say shyly, looking down at my twisting fingers.
"Oh liyah-" he calls for her in tease.
"Ok! Ok! Shhh! I'll go on a date with you!" I say, trying to keep him quiet.
"Excellent." He says with a bright smirk.
He pulls my lips in for some light attention
"Saturday. Be here. Wear something nice."
"