31: Day Off

Y/N's POV
•••
My stomach danced and swirled in painful grace.
I faintly remembered what had happened the night before. Yesterday's clothes still hung onto my body. All through the night, my face was sunk into the toilet as I let the sickness flow out of me.
Not much could take my mind off of the agony. Not pills.. not the heat.. but he could. Shawn always could.
The way he laid there at peace while he slept. Simple artwork that mustn't be messed with.
As much as I hated bringing him away from the mesmerizing state.. my fingers ran down his skin to nuzzle him awake.
"Babe," I whispered into his ear. "You already hit snooze twice. I don't want you to be late to work."
"Fuck work." He groaned through his sleepy lips.
"What do you mean by that?" I questioned.
"I mean that I already called in while you were sleeping."
"Called in for what?"
"Told them my baby's sick." He chuckled.
Those words alone could just about cure anything.
"Baby.. you didn't." I gushed.
"Sure did."
I leaned down to plant a kiss upon his glowing cheek.
"I don't even deserve you." I whispered into his right ear.
He slowly sat up and flipped himself to face me.
"I don't ever wanna hear that again, Y/n. You're easily the best thing that has ever happened to me and- I don't think I deserve you."
"Stop-" I playfully moaned out.
"Stop what?"
"Being absolutely.. I dont know..perfect!"
His fingers clutched my hair into a fist; his lips attached themselves to my jaw. "Make me."