36: Guardian Angel

Y/n's POV
•••
//Disclaimer: This imagine includes my personal spiritual and biblical beliefs. If you think this may bother/offend you in anyway possible, please do not read any further. Thank you! Xx\\
•••
The soft rain grazes the outside window. My eyes stare back at it. It reminds me of so much. Only.. I don't remember what it reminds me of.
"Momma?" My little one's voice squeaks across from the kitchen table.
I hum in response.
"I'm full."
My eyebrows tilt upwards.
"What do you mean? You haven't even touched your waffles."
"I know.. I just.. I wanna- can I go play?" She stammers under her breath.
"Ashley, you're never this egar to go play. What's up?"
"Nothing." She pouts, cupping her chubby cheek.
"One bite..?"
She stabs her fork to her plate and quickly chomps up the food. "Now?"
I sigh before taking a sip of my tea.
"Ash, I know you.. you're not normally like this. You know I'm always gonna be here for you.. you do know that, right?"
She nods.
"I saw dad last night." She says while twisting her fingers.
I quickly turn my head in her direction.
"Babe, you do know that he passed away when you were in my tummy, right? I've told you this."
"I know, but mom.. he laid beside me in my bed last night. We talked and talked and he hugged me and kissed me goodnight."
I do believe in what shes saying.. but I also believe in five year old's imaginations.
"Babe.. maybe it was just a dream." I say while she stumbles over to my lap, taking a seat.
"Did he have brown hair?" Ashley asks.
My cheeks begin to fill with warm heat.
"Yes.. hazel eyes?"
She nods.
"Tall.." she adds. "He was so so sweet."
I allow the tears to leave my eyes and land in his jacket sleeves. "W-what did he say?"
"His name is Shawn." She giggles while hugging me, "he loves music and he says that I look just like you."
"What else?" I smile through the storm in my soul.
"That he loves us and he's looking over us through heaven."
"He told you about heaven?" I question.
"Yeah, he says that God is taking care of him and that there is no need to worry. We'll be together again, soon."
We share a loving smile.
"Can I go to my room and see him again?"
I lay down my cup, "Only if I get to come too."