46: A Little Something Extra

//This one is for the wonderful eternalnamjoon, aka Helly! She's so sweet.. loooove herr!! She also wrote a story for me which I loooooved! So be sure to check it out! Okay, here we go!\\
•••
Helly's POV
•••
"Hello!" A loving voice echoes off of the walls.
I peek my head out from the hallway, leading into our living room.
"Hey." I say quickly, noticing my bestfriend make her way through my house.
"Woah, where's the fire?" She teases a little bit confused.
Before I get the chance to respond, the timer on my phone starts going off.
"No time to explain."
I dash back into the bathroom and set my phone down onto the counter.
"Helly!" She calls after me, "Are you oka-"
She stops in suprise as she notices the pregnancy test clutched in my hand.
"Too afraid to look." I whimper while my droopy eyes lock with her widened ones.
"It's okay. Just- just breathe." She coaches.
I nod, finally pulling my fist away from my rapidly beating heart.
First glance..
I notice two lines. I'm pregnant.
"I'm pregnant."
She covers her mouth in shock.
"I- I mean- Shawn and I have been trying for the last six months and.. nothing. But- but now.."
I skip over my words while I don't know whether to scream or cry or both.
"I'm going to be an aunt!" She cries.
I chuckle out at her childish actions while I pull her in for a tight squeeze.
She pulls away, "Where the heck even is he?"
"Who, Shawn?"
"Yeah! You gotta' tell him that he's bout' to be a papa!" She jokes with sass.
"Marseilles by Monday, so tomorrow. Then Paris by Tuesday."
"Sis, we have to have you out to Paris by then. You need to tell him!"
"Okay, okay! I'll tell him!" I chuckle while rolling my eyes.
•••
I make my way out of the airport flooded with people. The nice man from the taxi helps me load my bags into the trunk.
So.. France.
I take a seat inside of the vehicle.
My eyes glance out of the window while we begin moving along the road.
Heart racing, palms sweating..
What will I even say to him? How will I even say it?
•••
Soon enough, we pull up to the stadium where he would be performing at.
"Helly!" His security guard calls as he sees me make my way out of the taxi.
"Hey!" I say as I remove my luggage from the trunk.
"What are you doing here?" He asks while taking two of the suitcases out of my hand.
"Something I need to tell Shawn."
"Ya' might wanna' hurry. He's gonna' be on stage soon."
I nod and dash through the back doors while the wheeling bag pulls behind me.
Through the hallway, then through another door.
"Shawn!" I cry out, wrapping my arm around his neck.
"Helly?" He hollers out, "Baby, what are you-" I cut him off with a long and passionate kiss.
"I have news!" I pull away.
"What's your news?"
He takes my hand in his much larger one, gazing into my almost exploding eyes.
"Would you rather me tell you or show you?"
He smiles, "both."
"Okay, close your eyes."
He does as he's told. I carefully reach for my phone stowed away in my back pocket. Going through my gallery, I find it. The picture on the stick with the two lines.
"Hold out your hand."
He obliges.
"Be careful, this is my phone." I chuckle.
He shows a crooked smile, "Can I look now?"
I bite my lip, "yes."
His eyelids flutter open, looking down to meet the picture.
"A pregnancy test?" He shoots me a very shocked and very confused expression.
"I'm pregnant." I lightly mumble while a bright smile spreads upon both of our warm faces.
"Shut up!" He shouts in joking excitement, "This is a prank, right?"
I shake my head, signalling the word 'no'
In the bright shine of his eyes, little tear droplets begin to form. "I'm gonna' be a dad?"
My arms curl around him, standing up on my toes to peck his cheek. "Yes, and you'll be the best one."
I use the pad of my thumb to absorb his tears.
"Ya' better get out there. Don't want to keep them waiting."
He shows me a toothy grin while he walks to the steps leading up to the stage.
"Helly?" He mumbles turning around.
"Yeah?"
"I'm in love with you."
My cheeks begin to glow while I run over to him, intertwining our hands once more before sharing a final kiss.
•••
We make our way down the night streets of Paris. My hand remains clutched in his.
"What about Micah?" He asks.
I laugh, "Shawn, I'm probably only like  a month in, and you're already thinking of names."
"Of course I'm thinking of names! You could never be too prepared."
"Fine." I say, "but how are you so sure it's even a boy?"
"It will be a boy."
I chuckle, "Oh really, and why are so sure about that?"
"Trust me. It's gonna' be a little Shawn." He pokes.
"Oh great, another one." I tease sarcastically. "Well, if it is a boy.. I like the name Teddy."
"Teddy, eh? You know what? I don't hate it." He leans in closer to me and giggles. "I'm so excited, Helly. I cried up on stage today."
I gasp, "You did not."
"Did so. Did you not watch the show?"
"Wish I could've! Had to take my bags to your hotel and I was really sick to my stomach."
"Aw.." he begins.
"Aw? Me being suck is aw?" I snicker.
"No! It's just the fact that your pregnant and it makes you get- nevermind." He starts blushing.
I shove my right shoulder into him and we begin laughing together.
"So ya' know what I did?" He says.
"What did you do?"
"I told the whole crowd that Helly, my beautiful wife, is pregnant."
"You're too cute." I say while I lean in, wrapping my right arm around his torso.
•••
I deeply hum out, "w-what are you doing?"
My body rolls over to face Shawn. He is sat up on the other side of our hotel bed.
"Shh.. baby, go back to sleep." He commands in a toned whisper.
I turn my neck back to the left and see the digital clock shine '3:29am'
"Shawn, it's 3am. Why are you awake?"
He sits down his pencil and journal on the foot of the bed. "Just writing."
"Writing what?"
"A song."
His finger tips graze up and down my spine, then shooting make up to rake through my hair. "You're so pretty.." he mumble, leaning down to kiss my cheek.
Soon enough, my eyes shut once more.
•••
"Morning, baby." I say, heading onto his tour bus with the warm cup of coffee clutched in my hand.
He helps me up onto the steps while reaching to take my bag.
"Morning, sweetheart. Are you feeling better today?"
I shrug, "not really, I was a little queasy this morning but I feel a lot better now."
We make our way to the back.
"Sorry about that, hun. I have some pills if you need them."
"No, it's okay now." I smile.
"You sure?"
I nod.
"Well, I finally finished that song I was up all night working on." He chuckles.
"Tisk- Tisk.. you will have to wait and see."
•••
I stand in the very front of the stage.
"Okay," he begins. He holds up his pointer finger and waves it towards the crowd. "I actually- actually instead of singing Particular Taste tonight.. I have a new song. You guys will be the first to hear this so yeah I hope you enjoy."
The crowd begins roaring in sync while he shoots me a bright smile.
"Helly? Actually would you uh- would you mind joining me on stage?
My lips curl into an awkward smile as the crowd begins reaching out toward me. I make my way half around until he reaches out, pulling me to join him up on the stage.
My eyes scan over him. Absorbing every last drop of his beauty.
"I never knew that it would be you. Going through the motions, just us two. We wrote our stories right here where we stand. Nothing more to do than just take my hand-"
I do. I reach out as he holds me so close.
"You've given me a love that I would've killed for. A dainty little smile that I just adore. Every little gift like every little kiss. Another one on the way-"
His beautiful voice echoes through the whole stadium.
Slowly, he removes the microphone from his lips. "Damn, if I could purpose to you again I would."
I cup my hands over my mouth and giggle.
"KISS HER!" The crowd cheers over and over again.
He giggles and cups my jaw in his hand, "Better give them what they want."
•••
Finally back home from the tour. I'm now eight months pregnant and we are expecting anytime next week.
"Okay, I finally finished packing the diapers, the blankets, the car seat, the pacifier, little mittens, socks, and little hat. Ya' never know if it will be chilly in there or not. Just coming prepared."
I hide my giggles. "Aw, you're just the cutest. You're still so excited, huh?"
"Of course I am! How could I not be?"
He scoots up next to me on the sofa and begins rubbing his warm hand over my baby bump.
"Hey little Teddy." He hums in a soft whisper. "Your mommy and I are so excited to see you. Any day now I'll get to hold you in my arms.."
I'm swept away by the sound of his velvety soft baby talk.
My fingers brush through his lazy curls.
"I love you." I whisper towards him.
"I love you even more."
He lowers his head down to my tummy where he plants a soft kiss. "And I love you too, little one."
His hand remains on my swollen stomach.
"He kicked!" He exclaims.
I smile at Shawn's little actions.
•••
I lay back, eyes fluttering open.
"Hey, babygirl." Shawn says while brushing back the sweaty baby hairs on my forehead.
"W-wha-" I stutter out in light mumbles.
"You just gave birth, hunny. Do you not remember?"
I lightly nod then shake my head, "s-sorta."
"Well there's someone here who wants to see you." He squeaks.
I open my sleepy eyes as far as they would go.
"Mommy," he chuckles and winks at me, "this is Teddy George Mendes. Our little baby boy."
•••
Sorry that this took ages. Been so freaking busy with life. Believe it or not but I started this July 9th and it is now July 23rd. So like.. I just wrote the whole ending in my shower! Just now! So I really REALLY hope you don't hate this lmao!!