33: Fair Day

Y/n's POV
•••
My fingers were covered by the soft sleeves of Shawn's hoodie.
We have been friends for the longest time now. I can't even remember what my life was before he joined it.
There's not a single thing we aren't able to share with one another. Except the fact that we both hold deep affections for one another. We have confessed them once before but we tried forgetting all about it.. just in case his fans were to ever find out.
"What are you thinking about, Y/n?" He chuckles.
"Huh?"
"You just look a little zoned out."
"Oh, sorry. I was just-" I was cought off guard by a Test-Your-Strength prize hanging up. "Look!" I gasp aloud, "a stuffed tiger!"
He chuckles at me.
"You want it?"
I nod.
"I'll win it for you-" I cut him off by a tight hug. "If- if you kiss me." He smirks brightly.
I loosen my grip on him.
"Not in front of everyone here, right?" I stutter in shock.
"Well, I've just been thinkin' about some shit lately.."
"What kinda shit?" I chuckle.
"Us kinda shit." He pokes his finger at me.
"Ok, you may try to win my kiss. Now bow down to your queen." I teasingly demand.
His right foot slides behind his left as be lowers his head right below my torso.
"As you wish, your highness." He plays along.
He turns to the man running the booth, "one please." Then, his fists take hold of the mallet that lies in front of us.
"Stand back, princess."
"Queen." I correct him and take a few steps to the side.
With all of his might, he swings the hammer back and throws it on the target.
People from all around begin forming a circle to watch as the dots shoot up. They ring 'Almost There'.
"Fuck." I hear him mumble.
"It's okay, Shawn. I don't really care about the prize that much anymore." I reassure.
"Yeah? Well I care about mine."
My eyelashes bash down to kiss my skin as I cover my pink cheeks with his sleeves.
More and more join the fan made circle.
"One." He says to the man, once again, throwing down a $5.
Back behind his head.. this time, a longer hold.. now down onto the target.
The crowd around us begins to cheer as the bell above rings.
He looks up at the booth, "the tiger, please!"
His swollen hands take hold of mine.
"Now.. for my prize."