8: Confess From The Closet

Shawn's POV
•••
I've known.
I've known for the longest time now.
But I never even stopped to think what they'd say or do. What would they do? Do I even want to know?
Again I say, I've known..
But nobody else has.
Maybe they have questioned it or maybe they just say it to bother me.
But I knew out of the seven billion people on this planet, there was one I could trust like no other.
Y/n.
I sat there on her bed, waiting patiently to get the words out.. but they never came.
All of those feelings I had bundled up inside all along flooded right out of my eyes.
Her palm lightly caresses my back.
"Shawn..?" She slowly speaks.
I look up at her piercing eyes.
My best friend. She's been there for me since the beginning, and for that.. I'll trust her til' the end.
"You know I won't judge.. you know that. You're the best friend ever and I swear that nothing you tell me today or any other day will make me think differently." She speaks to me.
She had a way with words. She spoke to me with not just words, but real feelings.
I couldn't hold in the hurt.
I couldn't hold in the tears.
I can't hide behind the pain.
I'm done hiding in the closet.
"I'm gay.." I speak underneath my breath.
Even though I thought I only said that to myself, she heard it.
Both words.
No turning back now.
"Shawn..?" She speaks again.
"I'm sorry, y/n.."
There go the walls again...
Crumbling down.
The dam.
Allowing my tears to burst through.
Even through the agony I sat in, she smiled through it all.. just like she always has.
"You have nothing to be sorry for! Shawn, you know I love you no matter what." The pad of her thumb soaks up the remaining droplets on my cheek.
Her lips come in contact with the marked scar on my face.
"Now.. let's go get Starbucks in celebration, ya doof." She says while elbowing my ribcage.
"You're the best." I say to her, looking up with burning red eyes.
"I know."
•••
//disclaimer: I am not- and i repeat: AM NOT saying in anyway that shawn is gay or ever was/will be gay. This is just for entertainment purposes through a soft(cute) imagine. Please dont take it to heart.\\
Lots of love,
-Layla