Chapter 18

Jamie's POV

There was a knocking on the door. "Jamie?" I quickly put away the object and closed the drawer on the

night stand. I scooted back on my bed so my back would be to the wall and pulled my knees up to my chest just as Gerard's head poked in. "You haven't been out since Mikes took you out of the media room the other day, what's up?"

 I swallowed hard and whispered my answer to him. "I don't know." I started picking at my sleeves as

the bed shifted under Gerard's weight.

Gerard tried looking at my face, but I kept my gaze down on my hands. "James?" My eyes flickered to

him for a second. "Jamie, come on. What's going on?" Gerard grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"I don't wanna talk about it, Gee. I'm fine, I promise." He frowned before carefully kissing my

forehead. I closed my eyes and fought back the tears that were welling up behind my eye lids.

"Lunch starts soon. Come on out and eat, okay?" I sighed a little and nodded. Gerard got up and quietly

left the room, closing the door behind him. Once I was sure he was gone, I leaned over and took the object out of the night stand again.

I sat back against the wall again and stared at it. I swallowed as I reread the black and white writing

over  again. I turned the object over and over in my hands, my sleeves covering my hands again, a habit I don't do as often anymore. I blinked hard and kept my eyes shut as tears slid down my cheeks.

"Okay." I whispered to the small orange pill bottle. I whispered even quieter to the bottle again,

"Okay." I slowly took the lid off and poured one little pill into the palm of my covered hand.

*****

"Jamie!" Frank cheered out in relief as I slowly made my way to the table. "This is-"

"Lyla. Hi." I looked from her to Mikey, who was staring down at his food as he picked at it with his

fork. "Mikey." I whispered his name, almost sounding sick when I did, and he peaked up at me from the corner of his eye. "Come on Mikey, I haven't eaten since lunch yesterday." He looked at me out of the corner of his eye again before standing up from the booth. I stepped forward to enter the both, but I stopped when Mikey grabbed my wrist. I looked up at him and his face was unreadable.

"Did you stay in your room to avoid me?"

I shook my head, "No, I'm not mad at you, Mikey…" I looked down and shuffled my feet before

looking at him again. "I don't want to talk about it, Mikes." I scooted over to my side of the booth and started eating my waffles without butter or syrup. Mikey sat down in his seat again, keeping his eyes on me.

"Uhh, did I walk in on some girlfriend, boyfriend drama?" I heard Lyla ask Frank.

"No, she hasn't left her room since about lunch time yesterday," Frank whispered to her, not wanting to

be too rude. "None of us know what's going on."

"Hey guys." Gerard greeted cheerfully. He's been a lot happier lately, which I'm very thankful for, but I

didn't express this feeling. "Mikes do you mind scooting closer to James?" I felt Mikey scooting closer before his hip pressed against mine. I jumped just the slightest when Mikey started rubbing my thigh. I looked up at him before looking at everyone else at the table; Lyla and Gerard were focused on their food and Frank was watching me. I quickly looked down at my food and continued eating so he wouldn't ask me any questions.