Chapter 8

THREE DAYS LATER

"Hey James." I didn't look up from my board. "James!" I still didn't look up. "Damn it James! Will you

fucking look at me?!" I looked up at Gerard for two seconds before I returned my gaze to my board. Gerard snatched the board out of my lap and glared at me, pissed.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Where the fuck have you been?! It's been three fucking days!! Frank's

getting depressed and Mikey's not talking, at ALL. Izzy's been the only one keeping me sane, because you," Gerard threw my board at me and it hit me in the head. "won't come out of your room and fucking tell me what's going on!!" I frowned at my board when I see the picture is all smudged. "Do you WANT Frank to fucking hang himself?!!" I looked at Gerard with sad eyes and shook my head. "Then come fucking eat breakfast with us for once." Gerard ordered me through gritted teeth. I slowly dragged myself off my bed and followed him down to the cafeteria.

"Look who finally decided to fucking join us." Gerard sat next to Izzy and ate his pancakes angrily. I

hesitated before I looked at Mikey and Frank. Mikey didn't look at me, but Frank had just realized I was here.

"Hey. Where've you been?" Frank gave me a big smile and fidgeted, trying to figure out how to let me

into the booth. "Urm…. Mikey…?" Mikey looked over at Frank with his eyebrows raised. "Could you um… move so Jamie can sit?" Mikey looked at me and I frowned and looked away instantly.

"No. I want to talk to her." I frowned more and cursed in my head. Mikey got up from the booth and I

followed him out to the deserted lobby. He stood in between the two couches that the lobby had and crossed his arms. I quickly wrote on my board and sheepishly held it up.

"Did you take your meds today?"

"No, now shut up." I bowed my head down and waited. "What the fuck happened the other day?" I

swallowed and ran my eyes over the odd pattern the rug had. "Jamie." I looked up at him, not intending to answer. "If you don't answer me I'll bring Gerard out here." My eyes widened a little, not wanting an angry Gerard involved, and I shook my head. "Then tell me."

"I…" I stopped writing on my board and hesitated. I could tell Mikey was growing impatient, so I bit

my lip and forced myself to write the rest. "I was scared…. Am scared…"

"Why? Because I don't take my meds sometimes?! Because-" He stopped talking when I held my board

up again.

"I'm scared everyone will leave me if they know…"

"Know what?" I shook my head and took a step back. "Jamie." I sniffled and a tear slid down my cheek.

"Jamie." Mikey grabbed my arm and I looked at him. "It's okay." I sniffled and looked down again. Mikey hugged me and I wrapped both my arms around him. "You… Are you hungry?" I shook my head. Mikey stepped out of the hug and gently grabbed my hand. "Come on." I nodded and we walked down to his room. I set my board on his desk and waited.

"Come here." Mikey sat on his bed and held his arms up to me. I sat next to him and hugged myself to

him. "Are you tired?" I nodded and he pulled me down with him so we were now laying on his bed. He smiled and tucked my hair out of my face. Mikey moved forward a little and gave me a soft kiss. I felt the butterflies in my stomach, but I was too tired to smile or kiss him back. "Night Jamie."

Gerard's POV

"Hey Gee?" Izzy put her hand on my leg and smiled at me. "Can we go back to your room?" I smiled a